Oh noooo!

flavio

superfly
Staff member
The word on the street is that Anandtech forums are going subscription. This may not affect you but I post there a lot.

Besides I'm not really even sure what to think of this practice, are they selling out? They routinely have 500-600 or more members LOGGED IN at a time. I'm sure they will lose a ton of them, but it may be worth it in the end as far as the money goes.

S

s4

I know how you feel Flavio. I left Ars Technica after they made it a subscription site.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
I don't think that sounds too bad. It's not like you have to pay to view or post...and it beats the crap outta those annoying monitor consuming ads they got at HWC.

S

s4

In order to post in their Lounge forum, you do have to be a subscriber.

Attachments

• msg.jpg
    msg.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 26

Acid

stud
My dad subscribes to a forum. The online community is actually being considered a community now. And I don't really blame some forums. If they have 500+ members logged in at once, that'd be havoc on your connection. Think of the money they have to dish out for that site now.

Inkara1

I know I wouldn't want to have to pay to use a forum that I'm there for one specific problem, so that I can get my problem fixed and be on my way.