My tires

law2

I see that my tires still have 1/3 threads after 89,000 miles. They're the same once since I bought the car.

People can't belive it. I can prolly go to 110,000 on them. They're Mitchelin MXV4. Something like that. Hefty price too.

What you think?

Fuser Man

blah, blah, blah
I'm on my third set of summer tires since '96. Although I do all things that wear tire out quicker. Take off fast, brake late and turn corners at 50.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
I just replaced my 10 tires on my BIG truck-the rear 8 had 288000 miles on them & the steers had 110000. only major drawback-total replacement cost=$4700. not a bad per mile cost, but still............

Deanril

Michelin makes a damn good tire probably one of the best. I would say just check them for small cracks ,and deterioration effects if ok ,should be fine.

Most tires have a wear Bar ,that is like a little bar molded into the tire that goes horizontal ,if you look close you can see them betweem treads.

If your tire has worn down to the wear bar ,they need to be replaced.That is if the tread and the wear bar are even depths ,you need new tires .

Take care .......Dean