Mitsubishi Mirage prob #2

Professur

Mushroom at large
I'm only patching the race. I'm ****ed if I'm gonna try and rerun 30 odd cables all over the friggin' engine compartment. I was hoping to be able to rerun the alt cables directly since I know I have problems there. The batt lead is easy, but I've no clue what the other wires are for or where they might be going.

Inkara1

Do they have a Chilton's or Haynes' repair manual for your car? That would probably tell you. The Haynes' manual I have for the '81 Honda has come in handy more than once.

Inkara1

Doing a little research online, it looks like the '88 Mirage (isn't that the year yours is?) has an external regulator. That's got to be what at least one (if not both) of those two wires are for.

Professur

Mushroom at large
I've got the Haynes manual. Can't tell shit from their diagrams.

Tried to get a chilton, but they just don't have 'em here. ****ing Haynes manual, half of the articles say, "sorry, you can't do this. Go to a mechanic." Piece of shit.

Inkara1

Their manual for my Honda Accord has been pretty good so far, although I can't figure out why they say it's for the 1976-83 Accord when 1981 is the last year of that style, and it got a hefty redesign for 1982.