Just got this so.....

BigDadday

Everday People
Did you know that bread is delivered fresh to the stores five days aweek?
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
Each day has a different color twist tie. They are:
Monday - Blue
Tuesday - Green
Thursday - Red
Friday - White
Saturday - Yellow

So if today was Thursday, you would want a red twist tie - not white which is Fridays (almost a week old)!

The colors go alphabetically by color Blue - Green - Red - White -
Yellow, Monday thru Saturday. Very easy to remember.

I thought this was interesting. I looked in the grocery store and the bread wrappers do have different colored twist ties, and even the one with the plastic clips have different colors.

You learn something new everyday!! Enjoy fresh bread when you buy bread with the right color on the day you are shopping.

Pass this information onto friends so they could be informed also.

Thought it was interesting!

Fuser Man

blah, blah, blah
I think that might only be in the US as I've only ever noticed the one colour(white)tag on my bread. I'll check that out the next time I'm at the store though. :lurk:

I will report back. :)

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
The loaf of bread here right now has a red tag.

My hamburgers buns have a orange tag (I don't know if they follow the same rule though. Just though you might be interested...)

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Putting up threads, replying to posts, making avatars, noticing tie colors on bread-BD, you have too much time on your hands....post more-it'll alleviate that problem :spin:

BigDadday

Everday People
Originally posted by Gonzo
Putting up threads, replying to posts, making avatars, noticing tie colors on bread-BD, you have too much time on your hands....post more-it'll alleviate that problem :spin:

I'm a Forum Junky what can I say! :beerchug: :wave: :D