i'm learning

S

s4

Today I went looking at a couple of old trucks that were for sale for cheap. I took one look and walked off.

During the last couple of months, I have managed to lose a sizable amount of cash buying old vehicles and trying to fix them up to sell again. No more. I'm out of the biz, poorer but wiser.:beerchug:

Professur

Mushroom at large
Yeah. You just can't do that like you could with the old ones. When today's cars and trucks fail, they tend to fail all at once. You lose the altenator, a front axle, the gas tank, a ball joint, all within weeks of one another. Even using scrap parts today is a big gamble. I won't accept one unless I've see is come right off the car, and I've checked the car's milage. I got burned like that with a CV joint. Had it on less than a month, and off it came again.

That reminds me. I need to replace the axle on my Colt. Friggin' wheel bearing's gone. Damnit.

S

s4

I bought a car a couple of months ago that didn't run. I put a new ignition module and fuel injector on it that cost me $200. I got the thing running and found out it had motor noise. It was a pretty nice looking car too, but I was lucky to even sell it for half of what I had in it.

If I see a car for sell cheap these days, I think about it long and hard before plunking any bucks down.:cry:

Professur

Mushroom at large
Well, I've got good news and bad news. The good news is that the wheel bearing is fine. The bad news is that it's the upper bearing mount that the friggin' problem. And while I could'a changed the wheel bearing myself, it's into the shop for the upper bearing mount. There goes some of the vacation money.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Truck-a large unwieldy vehicle meant for hauling garbage, top-soil, bricks, landscaping, etc. Not an around town pleasure car..Spend $500. on the first running rust bucket & drive it until it collapses, then park it, take out any good personal stuff & go spend another $500. Cheaper in the long run.:cool:

S

s4

The guy had 2 of 'em, one for $100 and the other for $200. I suppose a guy could of used on of 'em for running around in but they weren't in good 'nuff shape for me to mess with.