I think I found my new commute car

flavio

superfly
Staff member
I test drove a black '92 Acura Integra GS today with leather interior and a power moonroof. The rear end had a weird shudder for a couple blocks and I could tell the battery had recently died. The guy had to enter a code for the radio to work, which I'm pretty sure only happens if it's disconnected from power or a battery dies.

I'm having a garage look it over before I plop the money down to be safe. I wish Deaner would come down here and check it out. :D

Professur

Mushroom at large
I'd find out what that sudder was before I put any bucks out. It might just be the read tire is out of round (happened to me once). Or it might be the entire rear truck is out of alignment. Or (as on my present ride) the rear shock mount could be rusted away.

D

Dark Angel

Not a bad choice in car......it has all the reliability and the solidity typical of a Honda.

The engine has alot of power between 6000 and 8000 rpm
as well as a fairly low driving position and suspension that's happy to inform you of every pothole......so in other words, you feel tightly sewn into the vehicle.

Other than that.....it has excellent accelleration, handling, braking and very economical on fuel.

Attachments

• acura2.gif
    acura2.gif
    26.7 KB · Views: 39
S

s4

You aren't getting it in Chicago are you? There was a guy on WGN news last weekend with one that he claims has 500,000 miles. I was listening to him and he claimed he drives 800 miles a day. I think he is full of it.:retard:

flavio

superfly
Staff member
The AAA inspection went great so I picked it up yesterday.

No S4 this one has 125K on it ;)

flavio

superfly
Staff member
Nope, the guy said during the test drive that it was probably because it hadn't been driven in awhile. It only lasted a block or two and I haven't heard it again.

I was skeptical, but maybe he was right.