I set up a new server at work

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
dual 600e p3 with 256 mg pc133 and a 4 gig boot drive with dual 18 gig scsi hard drives running raid .
And best of all its running mandrake 8.2 with kde 3
Very sweet and fast. also using the nt wins and dns servers for NT authentification. man i love it. not to set it up in the domain and let the fun begin. :D

Brewmeister

You rebel you

You like stirring up trouble, don't you? Is that approved hardware? Is the OS approved? Best of all, can the other sites see that it exists? Just think of the trouble you could cause if you could get a cable or dsl line in there (for redundancy, of course).

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, My NEW boss gave me the go ahead to set it up. they Dont know about the hardware :) But they can see it and I even named it MANDRAKE just so mailboy could see it. Actually we we're looking at cable for that reason. :D

And yes the more stirred trouble the better.

PS you get the package?

Brewmeister

Got it. Thanks.

If you need any assist on that cable line if you get it, give me a yell. Always glad to help cause trouble!:D

Which new boss-the evil little dwarf, or is there something new?:eek:

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
something new. been there about a month and a half. MCSE and all. seems ok so far, but we'll see how he is when i send him all the info for pay increases and such. :D