Getting a new ISP

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks BD!

It WAS a fast switch! The new ISP account is already active :)

BigDadday

Everday People
That was fast and also handy but if you had probably wanted it they would have dragged their feet. Say did you get a promotional deal as I did with my cable? Mine is $19.99 for the first 3 months then $42.00 monthly after but what I like is I can cut service whenever I want. No contract!

S

s4

Hope you get connected soon. Xi will be under control in the mean time. We got SuperGonzo standing guard.;)

BigDadday

Everday People
Uh s4 read back a few and you will see he already is hooked up. What kind of pills they got you on?;)

S

s4

Originally posted by BigDadday
Uh s4 read back a few and you will see he already is hooked up. What kind of pills they got you on?;)

HeHe. That's what I get for not reading the whole thread.:snooze:

I may be offline for a bit while I am making the switch.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
So far I really like their service. Live chat advised me the address to email to get removed from the Port 25 (outgoing email) filter, and so I did, and I was exempt from this filter, which is apparently not necessarily intended to restrict users to using only their email servers, a day earlier than they told me. Basically, what this means is now I can send mail through other servers than prodigy.net.

Their support is very helpful and their unlimited internet service package is generous in that you get up to 10 extra user IDs (that you can even dial up with, and send and receive email from) besides your primary address.

I did notice a couple busy signals when dialing at 4:00pm yesterday, but that is a major peak hour since all the elementary kids in this school district get home around that time. The rest of the day was flawless connectivity. :)

Highly recommended if you are looking for a new ISP or need to switch to dialup or DSL (they provide that too) due to lack of cable from Excite@Home going tits up.