Gates confirms Windows Longhorn for 2003, Blackcomb MIA?

S

s4

[QUOTEURL=http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/4/22443.html]
Down at the bottom of Bill Gates' keynote to the Professional Developers Conference yesterday lies confirmation that the wheels have come off the Windows rollout wagon. Again. Actually, we all already knew that the Big One, Blackcomb, has been knocked back in the general direction of 2005, and we already knew that the interim XP+1, Longhorn, was 2003, but Bill saying it - or something pretty close to it, anyway - is confirmation that it's going quiet for a while, and there will be no interim release next year.
[/QUOTEURL]

I think it seems fitting that talk of the next MS os is floating around the web prior to the release of their newest on XP. If anyone buys XP just be sure to know that in two or three years that another MS os will be rolled out by then. That is something to consider before spending 2-3 hundred bucks on XP.

brainsoft

Co-founder/alumni
Lol, you implied spending of money on an MS OS. It's a nobel consept, I wish I could share the same sentiment. I pay for quality games I'm going to play online, that's about it... :)

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Let's all just use Linux. That way we wouldn't have to put up with Microsoft's BS anymore :rolleyes: