Does anyone actually care that Pat Summerall is leaving Fox?

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
I don't. Don't get me wrong; I feel that both he and John Madden were the best tv football broadcasters for so long, but the past few years, Summerall has really slipped in terms of quality. He makes many mistakes and then rambles on about something that has nothing to do with the game. It's time for some new blood.

And while I'm still bitching :cuss:, CBS has no effing clue on how to run anything associated with the NFL. Their pregame sucks, Brian Gumbel and Phil Simms blow chunks at announcing (why not have the Today crew announce the game? It'll probably be better!); I'm glad that it will be at least 3 more years until they get the Superbowl again. What they do do right is have Dick Emberg and Dan Dierdorf as their #2 broadcasting team (why they're not #1 I have no idea...)

S

s4

i've liked Summerall and Maden for many years and always enjoy when they broadcast. so what if Pat makes a boo-boo? would you rather have Dennis Miller in his place? guy knows nothing about football.

i always like it when Pat leads off the broadcast with the music in the background when a big game is coming on...he's one of the all time greats and will be missed.

flavio

superfly
Staff member
I don't know...as long as Madden sticks around. Dennis Miller announcing is kinda weird but it's definately growing on me.

Here's some ideas for future announcing teams.

1. Dan Marino + Adam and Jimmy from The Man Show.

2. Shannon Sharpe and Chris Rock :D

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Dennis Miller is definitely weird, but he is growing on me as well. Joe Buck will probably be replacing Summerall.

Hey Flav, does kcbs still air the Madden report? I miss that in the morning. Nothing like a good muckluck (sp?) story to get you out the door. :lol:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Adam and Jimmy r0x0r... they'd make a damn good announcing team. They'd probably stare at the cheerleaders the whole time, but who wouldn't? :D