Dodge Durango

leslie

What's everyone heard about it? We've had an offer to buy one substantially reduced, it would be a returned lease, and don't know a thing about them. Safety, durability, what's gonna fail next week?

Kruz

Staff member
The Durango is a good truck! with a good V8 engine (5.2 or 5.8).
I was looking at trading in my Blazer and getting one myself..
Nothing major to complain about,

leslie

cool! It's a v8 hubby is looking at, they're also available a little cheaper in v6, which is where I'm leaning :D It's not like we're pulling massive trailers where we'd need the extra power. :laugh:

the engine is durable? transmission?

Kruz

Staff member
The V8 will last a lifetime.... with normal maintnance:)
The V6 is going to struggle with the weight of the truck... and I was never too happy with Dodges V6 engines. If at all possible get the V8.....*slaps forhead* "I could'a had a V8":D

leslie

:laugh:

I think hubby would feel less a man with a v6, he said thanks for coming in on that side :laugh:

We've never done Dodge yet, the only we've had experience with are the succession of '70's Dodge trucks that father-in-law keeps insisting on buying then driving into the road :retard:

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
I'm a big Dodge fan. Mt last two cars have been Mopar, and they've lasted a total of 8 years (with the current one still going strong). Not much beyond normal maintenance.

Inkara1

You'll definitely want to avoid the V6; the truck it's trying to pull is so heavy that your foot will always be mashing the gas to keep up with traffic. As a result, your mileage would be about as bad as if you had a V8.

If the Durango you can get is new enough to have the 4.7L V8, from an power/economy standpoint that's the motor you'd want. It moves the Durango to 60 mph in the same amount of time as the 5.9 but gets a lot better mileage. The 5.9 is still a better choice for towing. The 4.7 is a newer design, though, so I'm not sure what the reliability is on that yet.

leslie

I'm trying to avoid the huge towing capability aspect, it would only lead to "now we can get a boat" :lol:

It looks like it'll be a V8, it'll be a year or two old, it'll be a few weeks now before we go in about it, but it looks positive so far. :)