Digital Research CDRW 16x10x40

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Is anyone familiar with this brand? Good, bad, other? It's onsale at Best Buy 6am-noon on Fri 11/23/01 for $29.99 after $50.MIR. Hard to pass up, but if it's crap I won't bother.

Kruz

Staff member
I think you should not pass up that deal.
Even if it turns out to be shit... you can return it and get something else, I haven't herd anything bad about this burner.

S

s4

Rebates can be a problem sometimes. I was supposed to get a $30 rebate on a Lexmark printer 2 years ago and never got it.

Gonzo

Staff member
I've never had a problem with a rebate, I was just hoping someone knew about this particular writer. I agree, for $30. bucks, it can't totally suck. Well, assuming they have it in stock when I arrive in the AM, I'll know about 'em.:shrug:

Gonzo

Staff member
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: NEVER AGAIN!!!! Of course, minimum 30 per store, I was there before 8am & the sales guy I asked said, in his best jeff spicoloi accent "ugh, I don't think we have anymore", and the line stretched AROUND the store for checkout. I'll go back this afternoon, after doing some other stuff & if it's there, I'll raise hell with management. is that called going Q on their ass....Those of you who do this as a ritual-you're some sick mofos:rolleyes:

S

s4

I just got through battling the lines for some cheap memory. I almost didn't get one, but they had 5 of 'em where they weren't suppose to be. As soon as I got mine after asking if those weren't supposed to be the ones, the other 4 magically got grabbed up. I patiently waited 20 min in line at the checkout and was happily on my way with my cheap memory that boosts my comp. up to a mighty 384 mb. Mission accomplished!:grin:

Gonzo

Staff member
Sunday 11/25/01---THEY had it in stock. No, not the DR, but a Samsung SW216 16x10x32. $79.99minus a 10% coupon from the mail & a $30. MIR. So, for $41. I got a more reliable name, we'll see about the ability.

I can burn again-yeah Baby