Dealership problems

Pharmboy

Two weeks ago my wife put a deposit down on a new car ($500.00). At that time they told her that they would pay out the lean on the van we were going to trade ($15,750.00). They told her, her payment's would be $438.00 per month. Over the course of 48 months.She signed nothing at the dealership but the visa she used for the deposit. After she returned home we tried to work out the payment's and couldn't make it work (kept coming up with a payment of $390-400 something.

Well I called the salesman at the dealership and he informs me that the van really isn't worth $15.750 to them, only about $14,000 to them so they tacked the difference onto the price of the lease of the new vehicle (very bad business in my book). I told them I wanted out of the deal and my $500 dollars back. When I go in they offer me a much better deal, but I'm still pissed, I want my money back. I have to go back three time's in order to see there financial officer, the third time I have to see the owner (in the meantime I bought a car elsewhere). The owner offers an even better deal. but obviously it's to late (I did not tell them I had already bought another car).

Anyway to make a long story short they refused. Now I'm totally
pissed. But on a brighter note I'm now the proud owner of a 2002
Altima 3.5 SE. And this thing has some tourqe

It looks like I'm going to court with these guy's, and I might even
take up residence on there sidewalk with a little picket sign

Professur

Mushroom at large
Try the better business bureau or the local newspaper's complaint column first. Bad publicity is the best offense.

Technically, since it was a deposit and you did back out of the deal, they're probably not legally liable.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Technically yeah, but technically they offered his wife 15,750 for the trade in and she made the deposit in good faith on that figure. I would do what prof said first. BBB and the newspaper or a local TV station. If that doesn't work. Take them to small claims.

Pharmboy

This dealership tacked money onto the price of a new car and tried to sell it to my wife and didn't tell her the differance. To me
that boders on a scam.

It just so happens that my X brother inlaw is the manager of our
local BBB. Haven't seen or spoken to him in 20 years, but his son
and daughter are my niece and nephew. That should buy me a little leverage and maybe some advice.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Since you used a Visa, call them-they will do whatever they can to help you, & in the meantime-they won't pay the dealership

A deposit means they'll hold the car-if there was a change in the terms, they are required to return your money