You guys ever watch Sponge Bob Square Pants???

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I've watched Reboot a few times... Nothing but childish crap... I can't even count how many inaccuracies occur during every show.

I dare say it shouldn't even have been put on the air.

wine4all

SWM 40 seeking truth
Originally posted by fury
I've watched Reboot a few times... Nothing but childish crap... I can't even count how many inaccuracies occur during every show.

You mean Yosemite Sam can't really dive into a glass of water from the top of a 50' tower without breaking the glass, and live!?

Fury... I think that "childish crap" is the technical definition of CARTOON. I don't think it is intended as a pre-requisite for CISCO certification. So... chill out, unplug, go to the store.

Oh.. and if you are having trouble counting I can loan you my School House Rock video.

*singing* "Conjunction junction what's your function..."

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
I've been watching a ton of Sponge Bob and Dexter's Lab; we all need to laugh again.

wine4all

SWM 40 seeking truth
I haven't watched much of Dexters Lab but I love the line "Let us rock". I think I say it every morning when my son and I are about to leave the house for school.

Outlaw69

Banned
i'm still pissed off they cancelled Pirates of Dark Water half-way thru the season... that must of been about 10 years ago now.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Originally posted by Outlaw69
i'm still pissed off they cancelled Pirates of Dark Water half-way thru the season... that must of been about 10 years ago now.

I've never seen it, but it's listed as showing on Cartoon Network, Toon Disney or some such channel

Outlaw69

Banned
perhaps...but they never finished the story, its aggravating to watch a cartoon and they air the same episodes over and over and never knowing how the story ends...ya know what I mean?

wine4all

SWM 40 seeking truth
Hey! How about Monster Ranchers!? I don't get the name but it has a cool Sci-Fi/Dungeons & Dragons hybrid feel to it. The chick with the wings is a babe.

pixie1.JPG

Her name is Pixie.

75renegade

Official Wine Taster
Hooray fer my spongy lil' bro.!

But Patrick is my favorite character! He Rocks! (a good example of ignorance bein' bliss)!

Gonzo

Staff member
Here's a pic of the "new" JLA--why do they insist on squaring all the new superheroes on TV?

Attachments

• jlagroup.jpg
    jlagroup.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 35

Fuser Man

blah, blah, blah
Here's the cartoon's I'm into right now

Batman Beyond
Zeta Project
Cardcaptors
Cubix
Simpsons (I remember when it was a 30 second stop on the Tracy Ulman show)
South Park
Cyber 6(sp)
Jackie Chan Adventures

Do you remember......Astro Boy?

AMDnut

Eee equals emcee squared...
Q - Rocky and Bullwinkle are good too!

But, if we are talking about yesterdays toons, then UNDERDOG rules the old days!!!

Speed of lightning
Power of thunder
Fighting all who rob or plunder
UNDERDOG
UNDERDOG!!! :D

Gonzo - They square everything today because the new young artist do not have the talent to illustrate as well anymore. Don't get me wrong, there is a lot of talent out there, but the older artist from the 70's really had a knack for illustrations. The new crop just needs to crank out the product as fast as possible and "squaring" things makes it easier/faster.......It's a shame....

75renegade - Patrick is great, and I like Gary also!!! ;)

I never got into the whole JLA thing, I was never a big DC fan anyways. I still have my comic book collection and it is 90% Marvel. Most of the Superhero stuff didn't interest me when animated. I would rather read the comic. But the toons like Warner Bros. had was good animation! And, like I said, like Sponge Bob nowadays.

This is not a cartoon, but does anyone remember Sigmund and the Sea Monster??? Haa, Haa.... that should take us back a ways!!! :D

Gonzo

Staff member
When Polly's in trouble,
I am not slow.
It's hip-hip-hip,
and away I go....

There's no need to fear,
Underdog is here...

re: the "Squaring"-I hate it-get Disneys guys in there, they'll do it right.
re:Marvel vs DC-I have none, but I had lots as a kid-Flash & Hawkeye were my faves. I always like the background heroes-Hawkman, Greens Lantern & Arrow, Red Tornado, Aquaman, Sub-Mariner, Thor....those guys were cool (when I was 10)

H

HOWARD COSELL

CARTOON NOMENCLATURE OFTEN REFLECTS THE MENTALITY OF THE VIEWER.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I know the show was aimed at kids but some of the terms they use are so inaccurate when compared to computer terms...

Kids might grow up thinking you really CAN travel around in a computer with high polygon models being your body and anything that makes a pretty light can be your weapon or your best friend :eek2:

South Park, now THERE'S a cartoon :D

Professur

Mushroom at large
Originally posted by fury
I know the show was aimed at kids but some of the terms they use are so inaccurate when compared to computer terms...

Kids might grow up thinking you really CAN travel around in a computer with high polygon models being your body and anything that makes a pretty light can be your weapon or your best friend :eek2:

And of course they wouldn't get that impression from anywhere else, would they? Not from great computer movies like Tron, Matrix, or Johnny Nemonic. Nor would they get computer misinformed from movies like WarGames or The Net.