You didn't want that data did you?

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Don't open windows on my computer damnit.(2nd link)

So, now we can't even safely surf private pages because they may reformat our drives. Isn't this getting fun. :mad:

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
I don't even see whay there's an issue "should it be made public" obviously it SHOULDN'T, EVER!

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
Because if it's not made public, Microsoft won't admit it's an issue, which of course they won't fix if there isn't an issue.

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
That is a constant nagging in the back of my head. I don't think I coudl deal with the lack of compatibility though.

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
It's far from being the MS killer, but it's coming along pretty good. KWord can handle any .doc files you throw at it and OpenOffice is pretty damn good at importing as well. KDE 3 is rock stable. Blue Curve has impressed me so far. No hickups as of yet. Pretty damn stable overall.

The apps that I've used so far have proven to be rock stable as well. Importing of MS Office documents other than .doc files, I've yet to try but will soon. I must say, for a .0 release, RedHat 8.0 is actually not to bad. Much better than 6 or 7 ever were.

Aunty M

AMD Bitch
CompTech said:
It's far from being the MS killer, but it's coming along pretty good. KWord can handle any .doc files you throw at it and OpenOffice is pretty damn good at importing as well. KDE 3 is rock stable. Blue Curve has impressed me so far. No hickups as of yet. Pretty damn stable overall.

The apps that I've used so far have proven to be rock stable as well. Importing of MS Office documents other than .doc files, I've yet to try but will soon. I must say, for a .0 release, RedHat 8.0 is actually not to bad. Much better than 6 or 7 ever were.

I'm seriously considering Linux. I want to learn to use MySQL but can't with my present OS(Me). Is it easy for someone who has mostly used windows to use and can I dual boot it with my windows OS?

There's lots of other things I want to know about it e.g. will the drivers for my peripherals work with it(modem, scanner, printer, etc) or will I require new drivers?

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
Sure, you can dual boot it. Heck, RedHat and Mandrake will both see the Winders partition and configure the boot menu for it.