• Yes

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
Andrea Yates was found guilty of murdering her five children in Houston, Texas. This state has more people die by execution than any other state and Yates got convisted of a crime more horrible than any I think previous. So the following poll is directed twords what the decision of the sentencing phase will be. Will she get the death penalty?

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
as they say, "Don't mess with Texas"....what does that mean, anyway?

:cuss:

Damn you....I've lived there for over a year. And I actually liked Houston. Nothing wrong with it.

And Texas owns. <- period.

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
Nothing wrong with it maybe...just don't murder anyone in Texas. More people die by execution in Texas than any other state. Not that I don't see anything wrong with it. It's just that if I were to murder someone, as an example, I wouldn't do it in Texas. :)

PostCode ~ I was wondering if the crime rate within Texas is lower than in other states. They have more executions than any other state, but do they also have less crime?

I have no idea to be quite honest.

And I'm pretty sure Yates would get the death penalty in every other state which supported it. What she did was horrible and no other penalty would be appropriate. It sounds harsh, but these kind of people can only me, well, removed, from society, to prevent them from doing any more harm to others.
What she did was unforgivable, IMO.

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
good question. I wish I knew the answer too.

I think yates would be put to death in any state that supported the death penalty only because she did this to children. Her own children in this case. However, I find it hard to believe that in this state, Oregon, she would be given the death penalty if she had killed five people. Say on a office killing spree or whatever. Just five random people. Of course, she probably would have gotten insane plea here in this state...pretty "liberal" here. Ol' Kitshaber has got his head up you know what. I guess this is what happenes when you get a democrat who used to be a doctor for Governer. :retard:

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Not absolute, but, if I recall correctly, it hasn't lowered the crime rate in TX, but it has lowered the recidivism rate of former murderers.

She got life imprisonment, in case you haven't heard.

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
I think she should have gotten the death penalty. What she did is completely inexcusable. I don't always agree wiht the "an eye for an eye" method some people like but to take the life your your own children is SICK and she deserves to die and suffer as they did!

soniclos

Death would be easier.

Why do we lock up people for life???

So we can spend more keeping them alive and they can write books about their problems?????

danleff

I think that this verdict suggests to me that there was some doubt in the about her state of mind at the time of these horrible acts. I see that the issue of who to blame has already started. Rather than resulting to pointing fingers, hopefully this verdict will force society to look for meaningful solutions to these difficult senarios. This case demonstrates that no one person or persons have all the answers all of the time. It will be interesting to see what information comes to light as this case progresses. The debate and search for answers, I believe, has just started.