XP HP Problem!

Valveman

I have been running XP now for 3 months with my HP 1100 printer. The printer has been working great until now! I usually have my Tektronix printer hooked up, so when I want to use my HP I have to boot down and change printers. I do not have a second port for this printer or room for one.
I changed printers over the other day and when I booted up I didn't get past the XP boot up display. It would act like it was going to start and then it would reboot. As long as the HP is hooked up XP keeps rebooting at this one point. :confused
I tried using different cables and I even hooked it up to my laptop. Same results occured. :(
Any Ideas?

S

s4

If the printer is causing the same problem on two different computers, then I would think you could narrow it down to the printer or the driver. Is there an updated driver at the HP website for XP? You might even try reinstalling the driver to see if that makes any difference if it will boot without the printer installed.

greenfreak

My boyfriend is running XP with an HP Laserjet 1100xi also-he didn't have issues with adding the driver and used the one that came with the OS. I think S4 is right-try the printer on a different system, and/or download a driver from the HP website.

Do you do the automatic updates for the OS? Maybe you could force it to search for fixes for XP and see if that helps. Good luck with it. :)

Valveman

It was the printer! The place where I purchased the printer sent me a new one in place of this one.:beerchug:
Whatever the problem was I guess we will never know.......:confused: