XiBase IRC channel

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I was just wanting to let you guys who use IRC (for example, mIRC for Windows, or BitchX for Unix/Linux) know that I created a XiBase IRC channel on EnterTheGame, for general purpose use. For example, in case you have a question that you need answered faster than it would be answered on the forums, or simply as a better alternative to using the chat function on the Xibase Forums ICQ activelist.

IRC is basically a chat service that is better than ICQ chat, in that it never crashes, and it is not made by AOL :smash:

Anyways, the details on how to get there are as follows:

Start up the IRC client

/nick [nickname... no spaces allowed (see below)]

/server irc.enterthegame.com

(Do the following after you read the Message of the Day)

/j xibase

What you do after that depends on you. :)

Hope to see some of ya there. :wave:

Update: I made an mIRC script that makes it a lot easier to get there - download it here and unzip it to, for instance, C:\mIRC. Run the mIRC32 program that is unzipped, and it will ask for your nickname.

Your nickname can contain the following characters:

A-Z 0-9 [ ] { } \ | - _ ^ `

It cannot have any spaces

After you enter your nickname, it should automatically start connecting, and you should eventually see a new window open titled #xibase. This means it worked :)

S

s4

The problem that I see with an irc channel is that we don't have enough people to always have a chat going on. I think you may find that when you go there that you (anyone) may be the lone person in the chat. Irc chat rooms are good at being empty.

S

s4

Really? I might have to change my mind about going there. Sounds like fun. :worm:

I just finished installing mirc. :D

Yep. Empty just like I thought. :cry:

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
:D
I already had kind of a shitty attitude...then that thing was mean to me...he may not be making himself to comfy in my program files. :p

S

s4

Chanserv is not a real person. It's an irc bot that sets itself in every channel for some control.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
It wouldn't have been empty if a certain ISP hadn't disconnected me :mad:

wine4all

SWM 40 seeking truth
Too Cool Flurf! You DA MAN!!!

works great! just need more participation. I can't tell you how many times I got into the AL just to find it empty also. So it is not IRC that makes a chat room empty it is the chatters or lack thereof. I am actually using KVirc under Mandrake Linux. Q, mIRC worked great last time I tried it (years ago) don't give up!

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Get in there, ya bastitches :p

/server irc.enterthegame.com
/join #xibase

brainsoft

Co-founder/alumni
I use IRC almost daily, but I don't touch mIRC. I'm currently using Bersirc, but I need to find another. mIRC is nearly the only client that doesn't allow connection to multiple servers. Bersirc does it, but it get's messy so I avoid it whenever possible.

If you need to get a hold of me, you can try irc.astrolink.org #kopykatz

Some of you may recognize the name ;)