WWWHHHHAAAATTTT

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
#1)Look at the demographics of Spin Magazine, and

#2)I may disagree with many (or most) of the choices, but if you examine them carefully, they all led to MAJOR changes in the industry. SO, that leads to the question, what were the factors in determining the acts & their placement?

S

s4

I think their new 13 year old editor probably doesn't even know who Pink Floyd or the Who is/was. Let's face it the guys we thought were great are now in their 50's and 60's. A whole new generation is going to determine who they like. There will come a day when groups like the Beatles and Rolling Stones are just a chapter in history sort of like silent movies are now. They will be regarded as outdated, and future generations will wonder what the big deal was about. Music is like anything else. It only matters today and what you did yesterday doesn't count for anything.

greenfreak

s4 said:
A whole new generation is going to determine who they like.

Which is why Nirvana is always in the top 10. If he hadn't been an ass and killed himself, their music would have fizzled out and they wouldn't be considered as great as everyone thinks they were.

flavio

superfly
Staff member
Looks like they're making some fairly solid choices. I personally might do some slight rearranging but I don't see any huge problems with the list. What's up?

greenfreak

fury said:

I can't play this MP3 at work so I don't know what it sounds like. You don't agree with me about Nirvana I suppose? Lemme splain... No, there's no time, lemme sum up: Yes, they started a whole new genre of music. Yes, some of their songs were good, but I don't think that should merit a top 10 spot in every music "list" that's out there. I also don't like the fact that he's looked at like a martyr for taking his own life.

My boyfriend doesn't agree with me either, we have this conversation every time we watch VH1 or MTV and they do the "Greatest songs of all time" kinda thing. *shrug* :)

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Nono, I agree with you on Nirvana. They definitely weren't one of those revolutionary bands. I linked that MP3 cause of the name of the topic. It's SCSA saying "WHAT?!" a lot of times. :D

I lubb j00 too :grin:

:sex: