Winter Blues

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
I must have them. I don't wanna do anything. Even reading the boards is a chore all of the sudden. Nothing seems interesting. I hate this time of year. Getting dark so early & all. :(

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
I love this time of year...pity; 3 more weeks and it'll start staying lighter...longer. :(

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
I hate winter also. It makes me depressive. This year's winter was the worst of all my life. I thought I would not make it :(

greenfreak

I know what you mean, I feel the same way. I used to have a link on "Seasonal Affective Disorder"... They get really into it with treatments and stuff, but I just deal with it. It's pretty outside with the snow that's falling right now but I'm dreading the ride home.

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
It'll all be gone by Monday probably (40s over the wkend).

Gonzo

Staff member
There isn't much prettier than a new snowfall & the sun breaks out all high & mighty. That makes winter tolerable. Not much worse than seeing "dead" trees & grass for mile after mile after mile after mile after mile after mile after mile...:D

AMDnut

Eee equals emcee squared...
I feel for you Gonz......

Winter used to bother me a lot, but in the last 2 years I've managed to tolerate it pretty well. Sometimes I set my rig outside the garage door in the freezing cold and try overclocking higher just to see that there is an advantage to winter! :cool:

I've always wanted to live in California, Texas, or Arizona for a few years just to see what things would be like without the "winter blues"..... never got the chance.

It will be over soon, then you will be cussin' the grass cause you have to cut it again..... ;)

Gonzo

Staff member
my grass cutting days are coming to a hiatus soon...my kid is 9 :D

Phoenix has mild winters but they are still chilly, unless you're a snowbird. It snows a ferw times in Tucson & Flagstaff is ski-heaven.

The water side of LA or SD is great, hardly ever below 40

greenfreak

I thought so too... And moved to Florida. After growing up in a place where Christmas meant cold and hot cocoa and scarves and sweaters and snow, Christmas in Florida was just strange. Didn't feel like Christmas, I didn't care much for it.

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
From what you described of Florida it seems pretty much like the climate here: summer - hot and humid, winter cold and more humid. Try a hot and dry place...

Gonzo

Staff member
It's a dry heat :D

at least it was before all the damned snowbirds brought grass & tree's

unclehobart

this is my special title
I dunno.. have you ever gone out for a casual stroll in 120 degree cloudless blast furnace heat? ...wearing black clothing? You would probably combust.

Gonzo

Staff member
Born & raised there. I strolled blacktop parking lots in bare feet. Then I moved to LA & decided Phx was hot.

unclehobart

this is my special title
I could live in Phoenix. All I would have to do is just have a garage kept car. I would hate to slide into one that had been baking all day. It would probably give you spontaneous 2nd degree burns. I would probably put some biscuit dough in some foil, go to work, collect and eat the well done rolls for lunch.

greenfreak

I wasn't as bothered by the hot/humid summers in Florida as you would think. The only thing I hated was sweating as soon as I stepped out of the shower.