Will you upgrade...

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
to WinXP?
Im not sure, it looks nice but there are a few things i just dont agree with. For instance the registration process. I just cant see myself doing it every time i make a substantial upgrade.

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Nope. Not yet, anyway. That little re-register whenever you upgrade deal is enough to make me shy away from it. Like a lot of us, I'm not awash in cash, and I do upgrade things in pieces. No way am I gonna take the time to reinsert my CD every time just to be sure MS's butt is covered. Screw 'em.

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
Hell no. I've got a box running 2K now. I truly believe that this will be the last Windows OS I ever run...

brainsoft

Co-founder/alumni
I most likely will. The prtection is easy to crack, and having a Win9x emulator in Win2k is wicked cool. Skins and such I could care less about though.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
repeat after me
HELL NO, WE WON'T XP
okay it doesn't rhyme but it suits the cause

a13antichrist

Moderator from Hell
I'm sure I will at some stage. I'll be waiting for user experiences before even thinking about it though. Hell I was on Win95 until halfway through 2000 because I didn't want to give up my French Windows.. :D

butchsor

I like the new multimedia player of XP!
I have upgraded my W2k to XP Beta 2 and works great and cool. ;)

Wetling

Better Than You
hehe, glad to hear it :)

Anyway, I like some things about XP, but I'll be sticking with 2k as long as they make you tie your registration to your hardware configuration.