WHY???

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
would MS make us download XP rc2? i cant take it, i have 56k and been doing this all day. I only have a 100mg so far out of 500.
I wish they would have offered a cd, would have been easier. I cant even download it from work. they stop you from comming from behind a proxy... Dumbshits.

:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

S

s4

I think the reason is that rc2 is very close to being like the rtm version. They don't want people having cd's of it for fear that they will use it instead of the retail version.

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
A13, whoever paid for it can download it. MS sends an email with a password and username.

a13antichrist

Moderator from Hell
Aahhh... :)

Does that really say $9.95?? :eek:
So what IS stopping me paying $9.95 for that, rather than $200 or whatever for the retail version??

S

s4

Originally posted by a13antichrist
Who are they allowing to d/l it??

And what is to stop us using the RC2 rather than the retail version??

Like Sam said. People that paid $10 or $20 (can't remember) to MS get to download it. It has a time limit of 120 days I believe, but ... sorry the MA says to go past this point is a no-no.

Those people also got to download rc1.

S

s4

Aahhh... :)

Does that really say $9.95?? :eek:
So what IS stopping me paying $9.95 for that, rather than $200 or whatever for the retail version??

Nothing if you hurry up and call before the offer ends. What's keeping me from doing it is that I have a 56k connection.

a13antichrist

Moderator from Hell
Originally posted by s4

It has a time limit of 120 days I believe, but ... sorry the MA says to go past this point is a no-no.

I don't get what you were saying here... :confused:

I can't get it anyway as it's US & Canada only.. :(

S

s4

I don't get what you were saying here... :confused:

I can't get it anyway as it's US & Canada only.. :(

#1) I am saying that not everyone on the web conforms to the license agreement with MS and finds ways to get around it. Not me of course, but there are people that do things like that.

#2) Here is the link for NZ: http://www.microsoft.com/nz/windowsxp/

MS has a list of selected countries around the world that also have the option to get the beta. It costs a little more in NZ.

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
I'll probably get XP for my lappy since h/w setups rarely change on a laptop. Wish I could change out this craptapular ATI chipset for a GF2 Go setup...

glussier

Originally posted by Huge
I'll probably get XP for my lappy since h/w setups rarely change on a laptop. Wish I could change out this craptapular ATI chipset for a GF2 Go setup...

If you have a Rage Mobility video, maybe you should think about upgrading-it to 16mb, then you will have the benefit of an 128bit memory bus instead of the 64bit memory bus when only 8mB is installed.

brainsoft

Co-founder/alumni
Let us see if XP makes it out of the gates first, or if the courts stop it's release. That's why it's being pushed through so fast, MS is afraid of the courts stopping it.