Why I love XP

danleff

Yep, I e-mailed IBM. We will see what response I get. I told them that I needed the recovery and OS CD's. I bet I know the response! Since the recovery is resident on a hidden partition on the HD, it does me no good. No floppy on this system either!

Talk about a bad day! Then I read that if you buy this system via IBM, you get a "free" port replicator....

I reformatted, loaded WIN ME and am loading the ME drivers and stuff now. So far, so good.

Libranet Debian, here I come!

danleff

Hi all;

I always believe in giving credit where it is due.

IBM came through with the recovery CD's. All it took was a call to the help center.

Libranet is installed and I'm off..........:beerchug:

danleff

Yahooow!

Dual boot WIN XP and Debian (Libranet) Linux (XFS) on an IBM Thinkpad!!! Let's see if I can mess up XP, or maybe even use it!! Hmm.. I still like Libranet though. "Let the games begin."

:smash:
"I love it when a plan comes together!"

a13antichrist

Moderator from Hell
Regardless of the system that it's on, and how stable or quick it may be, XP w/Office XP will always be slower than 2K w/Office 2K so I see no reason to use XP.

Besides which, Matrox gives me all the eye-candy I need.. ;)

Tanis Half-Halo

PostCode said:
Eye candy isn't goin to do a person any good when the OS shut's down on you for no reason.

Very true.:)

Also, the XP Desktop can't even hold a candle to the OS X desktop:

desktop_1.jpg

It's not the best desktop choice, but it's all I could find that was a good size and that showed off some of it's capabilities.