Why does it have to be on Mondays that you have a case of the "Mondays"?

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Can't you have a case of the "Mondays" on Fridays instead? You're very likely going to eliminate the feeling of the "Mondays" in your celebrations during the weekends anyway, and you wouldn't have remembered a thing about your case of the "Mondays" on Friday. But when you have a case of the "Mondays" on Mondays, you can't do a thing about it that evening because the next day is a work/school day, so you must live with it for the rest of the week until Friday evening comes.

I understand you may make the argument that you can celebrate harder that weekend after having your case of the "Mondays" on Mondays, however, wouldn't it feel better to just have your case of the "Mondays" on Fridays anyway, just so you haven't suffered from the case of the "Mondays" all week long.

Did that make any sense? :retard:

If you feel a case of the "Mondays" coming on, ship that case off to the next person and wait until Friday, you'll feel a lot better. :wave:

greenfreak

I get a case of the Mondays on Wednesday. Friday is a full two days away. Wednesday isn't special for me for any reason. At least on Monday, one of my favorite tv shows is on... Same thing for Thursday... Tuesday usually has a good basketball game on... And Friday is, well, Friday.

I don't like Wednesdays.

All bad things always happen to me on Monday; like when you want coffee, there isn't any or the machine is broken.
Or that you only have one cigarette left and the stores are still closed. Or your alarm goes off at 05:50 instead of 06:50 hrs because your mom dusted off the damned thing....or....no, at that point your day can't get much more worse...

God I hate Mondays.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
I think Tuesdays are the worst. On Monday, you just had a weekend & are refreshed:rolleyes: , on Wed & Thurs the weekend is approaching, on Friday it's only hours until the weekend-but, on Tuesday there are 3 more days to go & the weekend refresher has already worn off.

75renegade

Official Wine Taster
True enough, the prospect of facin' 5 days 'til I can cut loose an' enjoy self-indulgence can seem an "eternity", but Mondays r usually worst fer me when I'm goin' through a time when I least enjoy what's goin' on in my life between weekends. (I.E. work burn-out, emotional distress, personal crisis, etc.)
Kinda think maybe it's those "Mondays" when stuff goes wrong in my world that give me the opportunity to respond as someone who is gonna take those additional negativities an' turn them into somethin' that makes me a better person er jus' let 'em beat me into the ground.
Either way, Monday er Friday, days are all the same to me in this "valley" I'm in right now. What I'll do 'bout it will determine the kinda character that either will er won't be developed in me.
As fer "superstitions"........guess I feel I got too much "reality" to deal with to submit to all that "human fear" bullsh#t. (I'm with ya , Fur!) :)

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I guess there's no real reason I prefer having my Mondays on Fridays instead of Mondays, I just do. I guess it's one of those personal preference things where I prefer not to suffer all week long with a case of the Mondays.

Attachments

• retard.gif
    retard.gif
    582 bytes · Views: 17

fury

Administrator
Staff member
We need more of those things around here.

We've had almost as many posts today as we have the past 3 days!

S

s4

It's Monday. Is the WWF still on Monday's? I was gonna watch it one of these weeks. I used to have wrestling on tv every Monday.

Missy

Leather and Heels
I have my Mondays on Friday. I usually work Monday night, which is my Friday, (Please note today is MY Friday for you other Monday people!) and have Tues-Thurs. off then return back to work on Friday which is my Monday. They always suck and its hard to get back into the groove of things.

Then theres PostCode who has the weekends off relaxing while I work... what a vicious cirlce!:retard: