Who's Who? He's the one on first, that's who.

kuulani

I loved it!! *really wishes I could do that*

Speaking of Central Park, I didn't realize how huge it is!!

greenfreak

Yeah, it's a doozy. I think it's 5 miles from the north end to the south end if you go in a straight line. We were going to start at the top and work our way down but I forgot the map at home and we wound up winging it. We wound up at the Great Lawn, but facing the wrong way and then got lost in the Ramble which is just woodland paths, no landmarks.

I'm picking up four rolls of film in about an hour, I hope they came out good! :)

greenfreak

There's so much there, you really do need a map, a full day or more and comfortable shoes. I guess you could do the whole park and all it's landmarks in a day if you had rollerblades or a bike or something. But the place is just huge.

This is a better map, from the official Central Park website:

http://www.centralparknyc.org/virtualpark/

I picked up the rolls, there are some really great shots. Now I have to scan them and upload them to my website... That will take a couple of days. :)

greenfreak

A couple of shots... First one of Belvidere Castle from across Turtle Pond.

Attachments

• belvidere_castle.jpg
    belvidere_castle.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 14

greenfreak

Second shot from the highest point of the castle, looking out over the pond and the baseball fields. :)

Attachments

• belvidere_castle2.jpg
    belvidere_castle2.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 14

Professur

Mushroom at large
greenfreak said:
Yeah, it's a doozy. I think it's 5 miles from the north end to the south end if you go in a straight line.

Like wow. Oh wait. 5 miles .... That's almost as big as the wooded lot behind my house. Almost.

Professur

Mushroom at large
Never? Are you sure about that? I thought I might have slipped up at least once. Maybe it was when you weren't looking. YEah, that'll be it.

greenfreak

Special? :laugh: Yeah, I get it. Short-bus kinda special. Kay, thanks.

My parents just bought a 36 foot trailer to go traveling around the country in and they took their maiden voyage last week, out east on the island. They were at a park where there were deer everywhere and they came right up to them and ate out of their hands. I thought that was cool.

But my Mom had to ruin it and say that they were covered in ticks. Deer ticks carry Lyme disease. So now I look at them differently. *sigh*

Professur

Mushroom at large
Hey. I never said that.

Bought a trailer, eh? Tell them one thing from me. Check the tires. Frequently. How often is frequently? If you're asking, it's not often enough. An older couple that pulled into the KOA campground in PEI in the lot next to us were up from Texas. Luckly enough, they has a similar model to my camper and I wanted a nose around to see how much theirs differed from mine. A quick check showed that both their tires had spalled off the sidewalls (that means all the rubber cracked and fell off). They had to replace both of them right there and then. If they'd gone much further, they'd have been in serious trouble.

I check mine about every 100 miles. Trailer tires aren't like car tires. They can overheat and change pressure faster than you'd believe.

greenfreak

Why thank you Prof. I'll definately tell them. They already have it in the shop after three weeks. Dad clipped the fence, leaving their driveway, left a hole in the side. This is after he made my brother get him orange traffic cones and set them up in a big parking lot so he could practice driving it. He isn't living this one down for a long time.