Where is everyone?

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Here it is 5:30 in the morning and I am about to go have "lunch". Seems awfully empty lately; whacha all been doing? :smash:

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
Working like a Camel. I try to open some topics whenever I have time and ideas. Let's admit I'm not the best at it though.

ImRaptor

Approaching the end of the school year.
With projects, exams, strikes (yep, they are still at it) and finals approaching I don't have much free time.

Inkara1

Getting ready to move back to Paso Robles in order to improve my job prospects. Cleaning and packing is a certified bitch.

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
I am here...I am just lazy and tend to not browse as much as I should...

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
Inkara1 said:
Getting ready to move back to Paso Robles in order to improve my job prospects. Cleaning and packing is a certified bitch.
Good luck there. How's the "Brandi incident" going?

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Neo: on 5th (weekends overnight). l Haven't been to q3arena in ages tho.

Inky: Yeah I've been there; try moving cross-country 2x in 5 years though ;)

Glad to see this place hasn't had the final nail in the coffin...yet.

greenfreak

May is family month. Many birthdays, Mom's day, my parent's 40th anniversary (had a great surprise party for them)... We've been trekking back and forth to Brooklyn because Rusty's Grandma could die any day now. Days away from signing papers on my new car. At work we have a massive migration to Active Directory going on with two new domain controllers and two new exchange servers, SOX compliance officers asking tons of questions...

Yup, I'd say I've been busy. :D

samcurry

The King
Staff member
Ahhh greenie i remember well our migration to AD.... A nightmare for sure for the first month or so. And SOX is a true pain in the ass isnt it. way to many questions for so little benefit.
What type of DC's you puttin in? 2003 hopefully.

greenfreak

Yup, it's 2003. So far so good, we haven't had much downtime. We have about 1500 mailboxes so we're migrating each physical site at a time and besides a permissions snafu with some public folders, it seems to be going well. We had to change our DHCP and DNS servers too, and we're going to have to migrate about 60 printer objects from the old domain controller to the two existing print servers.

SOX finally reared it's ugly head my way. I used to send weekly backups for offsite storage once a week only for the Exchange and File servers. And a full backup for every server once a month. Now they want them sent off three times a week for every server. I just put in an order for 100 tapes to cover the new schedule. I'll be sending off over 50 tapes per week. Between that and the performance/traffic reports my entire mornings are going to be shot, every Mon/Wed/Fri.

We just hired a permanent "Security Officer" too. Which should be interesting, once he turns his attention to me because I do most of the new network ID's, rights and passwords. They're already talking about hiring someone to work under me later this year. :laugh:

Sorry for hijacking the thread, although with the limited posts around here, I didn't think you would mind!! :D

Luhny

I have also been very busy with family stuff. A weekend trip to denver setup in a day (i am from Michigan) and moving to the southwest. Lots of stuff to do little time to do it

leslie

It was sunny here and lovely warm for a good week straight...so I was *gasp* outside :eek: There was a dumpster outside my door one weekend for the people in the complex here to do spring cleaning...so I got bunches of stuff :D and I'm working on fixing some of it up.

I got the coolest antique cafe-style chair...I am fixing my sewing machine to make a new seat for it.

Sun is good. :)