Whats brand is your likely next cpu upgrade?

Whats your next brand?

• AMD

Votes: 14 93.3%
  • Intel

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Cyrix

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Justintime

Something
I chose AMD, and hope i am right that Hammer is going to be something different, if not my second choice will always be Intel unless VIA/Cryix does something reallly reallly amazing with their current chips.

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Going to build auntie a (probably) xp1800 system to replace the god awful p3-450. Then I'll probably wait til Aug 25 when Intel's 2.8's are announced and build a 2.53 system for myself.

And I wouldn't hold my breath for Cyrix. :p

systembuilder

Folding@home
some apps seem to run better on intel then amd because of the way they are Optimized for the instruction set on the cpu

games are the same way now days they are Optimized more for Amd's instruction set

However times are changen as Amd gets better with instruction set Optimizations they will kick butt more so then they do now:dance:

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
I said AMD because that is what brainsoft said is best! (I know nothing about which CPU is better than the other)

fury

Administrator
Staff member
AMD, because by the next time I'll need/have money for a processor upgrade, the hammer will be out and it will r0x0r! :headbang:

But if I were to choose right now, probably a 1.6a P4, since it's almost cheap and can be overclocked to 2.4 easily

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Lets hope that someday AMD learns to run as cool as Intel. I'd like to get this damned twin-turbo jet engine off mysystem so I can hear down here:D

Justintime

Something
AX-7 low power 12V, silent and cool :headbang: i got a Delta 68CFM fan at 5v, cools better and is more silent than normal 12v fans at 12V!

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Waiting for the hammer, myself. Hopefully, the .13 micron will bring those temps down a little.

dEaN

Hardware Reviewer
C'mon guys? No Cyrix fans? :D No, but seriously, no Intel fans here? Wow, guess I should start hanging around these forums more often..

I just ordered the parts yesterday for my next system. Replacing XP1600+ @ 1.84GHz on MSI KT3 Ultra...

Bought a P4 2.4B and a 1.8A (which one will be the better OC'r? :D) along with an EPoX 4G4A+.

Just want to try Intel again, hehe! Sunk me in a deep hole though. Trying to dish off as much of my old hardware as I can!

Don't worry guys, I still love AMD. Will have the Athy in my dad's system and sold his old Athy (also a 1600+ AGOIA). :)