What in your opinion would get people to post here more often?

Professur

Mushroom at large
I know what'll bring 'em in and liven this place up. You just have to *****, ***, ********, *****, and whipped cream.

BigDadday

Everday People
Find your two most level headed peeps and try a relationship forum where opinions are given to try and help peep with their daily problems in life. Also members could help out with some advice if they have been in a situation as the one that is posted. Not a razzing forum a serious try to help forum. BD

Kruz

Staff member
Can you see Krusty playing Ann Landers?:D
We'll also need a mental Health Forum:beerchug:

S

s4

The mods and admins at Xi don't have to play Ann Landers to have a relationship forum. All we would have to do is just make sure it stays civilized and people keep the vulgarity to an acceptable level. It would be up to the people that posted if they want to talk about relationship matters, and it would be up to them if they accepted any advice they got. We mods and admins would not have to give any advice or be active participants unless we wanted to nor would we have to accept any responsibility for anything that was advised to these people. We would have to be careful that any advice offered would be in good taste.

habaneroman

Getting more members will mean that there will more people posting.

The SDMB is thinking of going pay to post. This board could get some of those who refuse to or can't pay.

If they are made aware that xibase exists. People will come.

I found this place following a link about concrete, er outlaw69, and liked what I saw.

Just a thought.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I am not allowed to post at SDMB. :shrug:

It's their prerogative though, so I won't get into that.

BigDadday

Everday People
Originally posted by s4
. We would have to be careful that any advice offered would be in good taste.

Get around that item by having a sticky at the top from the peeps who willbe in charge stating they are not professionals and all "opinions" are to be taken as opinions on their threads.BD

S

s4

Sam pointed this out to me, and I hate to say this but our chatroom is taking a lot of our biz away. I like chat as much as many of you, but the board has been kinda slow since we starting going into chat.

I don't know if we are going to put up a relationship forum or not. It depends on how many people want it I suppose. Right now it doesn't look too favorable.

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
I would be willing to mod a forum with pics of guys. earlier s4 said it may be a problem finding a mod because girls would be embarrssed to admit they read stuff like that. I would be embarassed, not atall.