What Does Your Workstation Look Like™

Here's the one I currently use. Since my computer blew up, I have been using my girlfriend's computer which I got for her for her last birthday.

workstation.jpg

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Got a Dell Optiplex G200 (p2-450) and a 19" NEC monitor running NT4 @ work. 256mb of RAM and a paltry 7.43 gig hard drive.

I'd take a picture, but I think everyone would laugh at me... :lurk: ;)

alex

@ work I have a Dell Dimension 8100 P4 1.5 (all black) w/ 21"monitor running win2k and I just moved into a new office (with carpet...woohoo) and inherited a Dell Dimension XPS B733 W/ 21" Monitor running NT 4.0 that was already in the office (someone got layed off). @ home I have AMD 800TB w/21" monitor and AMD 750TB w/19" monitor both running win2k. I'm trying to get some pics scanned in but my scanner is on the blink. It has some wierd things that show up on the scan kinda like ....like.....like.... well just wierd things.

You blew up your computer, Toolbox?? I thought you were just upgrading! Too bad from all those plextor-devices...I really liked your setup.

How are those IBM HD's doing? ;)

sicmun

I got a Dell GX110 P3 733, piece o chit, runnin win2K with a 17 inch monitior @ work. and a Tbird 750 with a voodoo 5, dsl and a 17 inch monitor at home. i think it is time for a new pc............. :beerchug:

DarkPrincess

One of a Kind
Whatever my mom has. It's all messy though cause she never removes her beer bottles or mail from the desk. Or empties her ash tray, she just steals mine.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I don't have a camera but I'll try to describe it

A desk sitting next to a bookshelf. The bookshelf has some books in it and some CDs, pepsi cans, stray heatsinks and floppies, and also has one of my speakers on it.

My desk is about 3'4 tall with about an 8 inch high second level raising it to 4'. On the left section of the bottom level lies my keyboard, about 12 pepsi cans, a hundred or so coke tabs, an old heatsink and an AOL cd broken into pieces. On the right section of the bottom level is my mouse, some tools, a Netgear 10/100 Ethernet hub, a few stray floppies, more pepsi cans, and some hardware (SB16, NIC, some screws, and an old IDE controller)

On the left section of the upper level sits a huge Antec SX1240 case containing my T-bird 1200@1400 :D with the left side panel taken off (so the A/C can blow into it), an AMD Athlon sticker on the front, and an OCN sticker on the right side. There are a few more pepsi cans, and then my monitor (which is dwarfed completely by the case) is sitting in the middle of the upper level. On the right section of the upper level is my right speaker, standing on a small box to keep it at the same level as my left speaker.

ris

i am my my own evil twin
a picture says a thousand words...
no picture so a thousand word it is then :D

'L'-shaped desk with a 17" iiyama screen in one corner, up against the full tower that sits in the cruck of the L. on top of the case is a joystick, joypad, a stack of 20 or so zips and a box of cdrw.
in front of the case is 150 cdr's om a spindle. 2 PoS speakers eitehr side of the monitor, one on top of a scanner, which doubles up as a glass rest.
printer is beneath the desk on one end with all my parts boxes, manuals cd's etc underneath.

other return of the L has a 15" monitor squeezed onto the end with a midi-tower beneath it. between the monitor and the scanner is an A1 desk mounted drawing board.

any free desk space has paper, pens, rulers, sketchbooks, text books, assorted mousemats, glasses, beer bottles, remotes and mugs.

oh, and an ancient mac under the table.

trinity1

1 of 3
Here is a shot of me during a busy moment.
There was a lot of traffic.
It's a bitch when it rains though!

Attachments

• homelessoffice.jpg
    homelessoffice.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 117

Bronto

mofo extraordinaire
Before
cmpdsk41-vi.jpg

After
cmpdsk44-vi.jpg

Sister's Desk made a few years ago.
23463lg.jpg

Is my desk, it contains everything, including Printer, huge HP scanner, Woofer, Full tower. All with space for CDs and extra printer paper.

alex

and in the other corner....

sorry folks, I know these pics are not high quality but my scanner is on the blink.....damn piece of crap visioneer.

Attachments

• desk4.jpg
    desk4.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 105

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Pad, it's so tidy!

Mine is a cross between fury's description (minus the pepis cans) and the pic trinity posted. :D

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Soon soon, this HDD is so full I had to take the camera software off of it ( along with everything else I have a CD for)....and the tbird I'm building ended up having a bad mobo :cry: ...but I should have it by Friday, so if all goes well and I get everything installed and running and networked...I'm shooting for next weekend...keep your fingers crossed....but I'm trying! :banghead:

Nihilistic

Close the world, txEn eht nepO
Originally posted by sicmun
I got a Dell GX110 P3 733, piece o chit, runnin win2K with a 17 inch monitior @ work. and a Tbird 750 with a voodoo 5, dsl and a 17 inch monitor at home. i think it is time for a new pc............. :beerchug:

:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: new pc...umm....your..pc...is...really...good..i would die for yours