What computer parts are you hoping to get for X-mas?

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
I just checked the part number for my RAM at the crucial website, it is 133....woohoo. Looks like kirk will be doing a little shopping. :D

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
memory is backwards compatible (ie: 133 will run at 100 with no problems) it is never forward compatible though.

don't mix styles though (ddr & sdram aren't he same, etc)

AMDnut

Eee equals emcee squared...
Well, I managed to brave the lines and get the Radeon 9000 Pro at Best Buy for the sweeeet deal price of $69 after rebate!

Chaaachiiiiing!!! :p

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Q said:
fury said:
What I'm REALLY hoping for is a nice big fast hard drive. This piece of junk failing IBM Deathstar is the slowest bottleneck in my system right now, seems slower than my cable connections at times.
Is that the same 80 gigger you won a couple years ago?

My wish list is pretty small. A larger HDD for my "little" puter. Maybe a 20-30 GB. ( haven't decided on which kind, since I see the IBM's have fallen out of the favor of my favorite consultant....but my 40GB IBM is working just dandy flurf :D )
...and a couple sticks of crucial
oh, and a new chair with a squooshy butt port.;)
It's a 60 gigger, but yes, it's the same one. If you want a nice 20-30 gig, look into Western Digital. They make good drives.

BTW, hope you got a fast CD burner, cause you'll need it to be when your drive starts crapping out on you.

Then again you probably don't abuse yours like I do mine, so yours probably has another year in it. :o

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
:cry: no puter parts for me this xmas afterall....I gotta buy a motor for my truck:banghead: