Well I thought I'd break down and join up here..

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Q is good.:)
How's pad?? Didja ever finish the remodelling? Pics baby, we need pics!:worm:

alex

Apparently I did very well. I came home a day early. They didn't even have to use any of the blood I donated. I'm pretty sore but I guess that's to be expected. HOSPITAL FOOD SUCKS. I developed a major attack of indigestion after breakfast Wednesday followed by the release of 2 metric tons of gas. I had to get a suppository that night followed by a major release of....er...well...I won't go there. I guess the tension of going into surgery and not being able to eat anything Tue. morning kinda threw my regularity off a bit. It probably didn't help that I had a few drinks the night before surgery either.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
That was a lovely visual pad :D
I didn't even know you had to have surgery. They didn't mess with any of the important organs, did they?:scared:

catocom

Machinehead
alex said:
HOSPITAL FOOD SUCKS

You got that right!:p

Glad to hear your doing so well.
I hope you don't try to rush the recovery too much though.

BWT did they say anything about taking Glucosamine?
That has helped my hip greatly.

alex

Q said:
I didn't even know you had to have surgery. They didn't mess with any of the important organs, did they?:scared:

nah, left hip replacement.

catocom said:
BWT did they say anything about taking Glucosamine?
That has helped my hip greatly.

I was told to take Glucosamine and an aspirin daily when my hip started hurting three years ago. I try to remember but don't always do it. I'm having to give myself injections of blood thinner in the belly every day for two weeks. The needle is very small so it doesn't hurt....just pinch, jab and pump. Apparently blood clots are a major concern with this type of surgery.

alex

Q said:
Didja ever finish the remodelling? Pics baby, we need pics!:worm:

I did all I'm gonna do till spring. I got all rooms except master bed/bath painted and new carpet/flooring (didn't put new floor in kitchen). I posted a bunch of pics at JJR as I progressed but it didn't seem to be a very interesting subject to anyone. I also got all the doors and windows primed and painted outside. I almost waited too long to do that.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Gimme a link when the site's back up pad. I wanna see the pics.

So when did you have this surgery? Can you walk yet? Did they give you a little nursie to go?? :D

alex

Had the surgery Tuesday morn at 7:30. Had to be there at 5:30 for prep. I was in surgery for only 50 minutes. I'm using a walker to get around for the next couple of weeks till I can put some weight on that leg. Not going back to work till Jan. 6. I also have an adjustable (heighth) potty chair that sits over my regular toilet cause I can't bend my left leg more than 90 degrees to my torso or I could dislocate my hip. From what I heard at the hospital, that would be a horrific event......worse than the original surgery. There were some pretty cute nurses there but after the indigestion incident, they didn't come around too often. I insisted on smoking in my room also which made some of them mad :D

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
They LET you smoke in your room?? :eek: I thought they executed you or euthanized you or something similar to that for smoking in the hospital now.

The description of the indigestion incedent scared me....I could just imagine being in the same zip code mighta run off a nurse or two. :D

alex

Thanks Greenfreak :)

Actually it's more of a relief. The pain had gotten so bad I was looking forward to it.