Well I just resigned from the lightside

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
as a "temp" new member there, I had visited it a few times looking for hardware/software assitance & ideas. I have no ties there so I can't go into newbie/oldie/member/mod/admin judgements. However, Toolbox should NEVER have to apologize for his associations, nor should anyone. It's a site that is now losing it's best & will either collapse or move forward. Only time will tell. Let those who have/have had enjoyment & help there stay or leave-but, unless you're financially involved it isn't our place to tell them what to do. If they are right-it makes money, if the defectors are correct-it collapses. Peace & goodwill to all &

GO XIBASE

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
I pretty much tried to stay out of this little battle, although as a sorta-long time member, I can certainly relate to what the disgruntled members have been posting.
One thing I would like to say is if members of the administration are going to use this site as an example in their arguements, I for one, would appreciate if they would provide an accurate representation of this site. I just read a post by eric, which to me, appeared to be a deliberate and malicious representation of this site.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Originally posted by MitchSchaft
oh well...
Did that guy really format his hard drive?;)
I certainly hope not, if it wasn't necessary. I also hope you wouldn't give a newbie bad advice because you aren't happy with the management of the site.

Originally posted by MitchSchaft
oh well...
Did that guy really format his hard drive?;)

No he didn't... I had to remove the contents of your thread though and explain to him better what to try and do.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Toolbox, you've been nothing but fair through all this and for that I thank you ;) No need to excuse yourself for defending your home, because I'm sure we all understand your loyalties remain with HWC.

I appreciate the fact that you clearly defined your stance on the situation and without any BS.

I also apologize if any of what I said at HWC made your job any harder than it already has to be. I try to be as fair as I can be as well, but sometimes I can slip.

Nevertheless, you've got support from this "big boy" :laugh:

S

s4

We here at Xi didn't like it when someone over at the other site insulted our site and tried to make us look bad. I think the people over at hwc must have some of the same kinds of feelings when they read threads like this one. I am just as guilty of saying uncomplementary things about the other site as anyone, and I feel like my reasons were valid.

However, I would like to remind everyone that even though this place is pretty laid back we do have a membership agreement that says we agreed not bring personal problems from other sites over here. That is one reason I think we should cool it.

Another is that the management of the other site that is mentioned has decided how they want to run their site. It is their right to do it their way. If some of us don't agree with it then that is why we have a cool site like Xi that we can go to as an alternative. Either way, this site bashing is getting old, and I feel it is not healthy for anyones' success no matter of their policies.

I hope my opinions don't make a bunch of people mad. I never wanted that.

Thanks.

After everyone explained their sides of the story, it is now clearer to me what everyones intentions were.

This is something we can put behind us now... for the past year or so, it's been this way, with all the little things beginning to bug us. Now, we're at a point in where everyone over-reacts and just explodes from the inner anger (Sounds Like A Marriage).

Let's start over... Everyone take a deep breath, clear your minds and exhale.

Take good care everyone. I'll be seeing you around :)

S

s4

I agree with the comments of Toolbox and hope to see more of him visiting here. :beerchug:

tko97

Cocaine Superhero
What do you know, it turns out I already am a member here. Anyways, I just thought that it's finally time to give this place a shot and forget about HWC for a while. I guess there were really just a few things keeping me from doing it before:
1) I've been an HWC member since Sept. 99 and I have over 1000 posts. I really don't want to give that up.
2) When I temporarily went to JJRs forum, I just didn't like the feel of it and I basically put these 2 forums in the same category.
3) It's WAY too dark here. So much black, it gets hard on the eyes.

Apart from being bored out of my mind at HWC, I had one major thing kicking me away. I was feeling the urge to leave simply b/c I had a hard time getting answers to my problems. That damn well better change now that I'm here ;)

Woah, I just realized I've been a member for over a year and never posted before. Freaky!

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
What it comes down to is that people are going to go wherever they feel they fit the best. Personally, I go to HWC and try to help with tech problems because it gives me that "warm fuzzy feeling". I go to JJR's and here because I like the people. I don't go to OCN much, because I don't have much in common with the personalities there.

You know what? That's fine. Don't like HWC? Don't go there. Don't like JJR's? Don't go there. All these BS bitchy posts on some sites about other sites (or worse, inflammatory posts meant to do nothing but start shit) are really getting on my nerves.

My 2 cents.

S

s4

I don't get that "warm fuzzy feeling" anymore. I used to help people with their computers. I'd even drive to their houses. They never gave me one cent and after a while they got to the point where they were expecting me to jump every time they called. Screw that. If I feel like answering a computer question, I'll do it on a website where my friends are. I don't help people with computers in real life anymore.