Vacation ideas?

Well, like the title says, I'm planning to go on a vacation.
I recentely quitted school, and am off until september, when my new study starts.
So I'm 7 months free; I'm planning to work a few months, but I also want to go on a vacation for 4 weeks or something like that.

I've thought about visiting Russia, but am not quite sure about going there alone.
I can also go outside Europe; I've only been out of Europe once, that was when I lived in the US for a year.

Any ideas of great places I could visit? There are so many places I want to see, that it's hard to make a good choice :)

Budget is app. $2500.

Thanks for the input! :)

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
I think Russia sounds really cool....but, like you mentioned, I might hesitate to go there alone as well. Perhaps a travel agency could hook you up with some kind of a tour group.
I think my next choice might be the British Isles.

greenfreak

My boyfriend's parents went to Prague this summer, and the pictures they brought back were just gorgeous. They enjoyed themselves immensely while they were there.

I have never been off the east coast of the US so I'm afraid I won't be much help. I'm so jealous, I wish I could travel! :)

Jealous? Don't be. I just want to clear my mind for a while; I don't have much left here, just a few friends.
That, plus school, are a few reasons I want to get out for a while. Too bad there isn't anybody coming along, otherwise my choice would be easy; Moscow for certain.
Travelling alone isn't real fun, but it's better than sitting here and doing nothing :)

Do you S.C.U.B.A. Dive? Want to come to the Philippines and dive the world famous Tubbataha Reefs? You'll see shark, manta, jacks, barracuda's and everything you've ever dreamed of seeing in just one go? I can also arrange to put you on the boat at the same time as some of the world's best photographers who'll be coming again this year. Some from the US, Canada, Europe and Asia.

I'll give you 20% off on the live-aboard. :)

Here's what she looks like:

tristar1.jpg

:D:D:D:D

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
Aww man...vacation, I ned one of those. Russia would also be very cool. I think i'd go see toolbx if i had my way. Something about the sun and beach just draws me. Plus look at that ship.
And i know he has an awsome collection of DVD's on board.HeHe

Cool, thanks for the offer Toolbox! :D

But I'm afraid such a trip would get a bit too expensive :)
The Philippines are great, I've heard. I'd definately would like to visit them if I could afford it.

Too bad I don't know a thing about diving; The Netherlands aren't a great place to learn to dive. But sometimes it would be great to know how to dive, especially when visiting countries like yours!
BTW, that vessel looks great! It's HUGE :eek2:
Great business you're in, I can tell!

Wow, I've looked around at your website. And my face turned like this when I saw the gallery: :eek2:

I'm definately gonna join such a trip within a few years; some savings should do the trick, and will give me enough time to learn to dive!

*imagines himself SCUBA-diving between those beautiful sealife*

Mark my words, a few years!

No worries... just wanted to let you know that you're welcome here. I can even find you a place to stay. My younger brother is a SCUBA Instructor so if you want, I can even arrange a SCUBA vacation for you.

We'll do some planning for next time... it does cost a bit but being one of Neo's Xibase buddies, I'm willing to give any and all of you a 20% discount!

It is a fun business but believe it or not, I'd rather be sitting behind a keyboard and monitor all day. :)