US Rangers near Kabul

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
It must be time to start the ground war. The 75 SpecialOps guys doing ReCon & targeting have been joined by (unofficially) 250 US Army Rangers, near Kabul & some other place I don't care to take the time to spell.:smash:

Gonzo

Staff member
Officials said the helicopter-borne commandos returned to base after several hours inside the country. There was no word on possible casualties in the raid, although two people were killed when a support helicopter prepared for a potential rescue mission crashed in neighboring Pakistan.

Gonzo

Staff member
ROFLMAO---Ok, which is it?

KABUL, Afghanistan - The ruling Taliban claimed Saturday their fighters drove off U.S. commandos during an overnight raid in southern Afghanistan and shot down the helicopter that U.S. and Pakistani officials say crashed by accident in Pakistan. Two Americans died in the chopper.

However, the official Taliban news agency, in another dispatch, claimed no battle had taken place. It said the camp that the U.S. troops raided had been deserted because of 13 days of relentless air attacks.

S

s4

I really do not believe that accurate details of what happened are going to be released. Our military is keeping a tight lip on what they are doing over there as well I think they should to avoid telling those towelheads what they are doing and going to be doing. The Afgan government is not going to admit being defeated at this point.