ups shopping

Mirlyn

rebmeM
I've decided I need to get myself on a UPS or two. Not because of battery backup (rarely have blackouts) but line conditioning. But, I feel if I'm going to spend the money, I better do it right in case I need them for power reasons later in other environments.

Anyone head anything about Cyberpower? We sell them in stores (BBY) and I've not heard much bad about them (or any of the UPS's for that matter). I'm looking at getting this one:

http://www.cyberpowersystems.com/1500AVR.htm

I have two systems I want to keep online, along with my network gear (two switches, modem, wifi ap). I'll probably get this one for now (its cheap pricewise), and then a simliar APC unit (looking at either the 750VA or 1500VA SmartUPS XL) down the road for when I add another computer (<6 months).

Comments? Suggestions?

Thanks!

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
APC is it. ive tried others but never had the success ive had with APC.

greenfreak

They really do make good footrests. They're heavy enough that they won't slide on the floor when I rest my feet on them. You've seen my slippers, you know how that can be a problem with feet of my size.

Ain't that a glowing review? ;)

Mirlyn

rebmeM
I ended up buying that CyberPower 1500 two or three weeks ago. For shits and giggles, I plugged everything in my room in and then flipped the breaker to test it out. It powered my surround sound system (at movie-listening volume), network components, two full towers, three monitors (19, 15, 15), TV, AC/DC power supplies, and scanners for about 13 minutes. With just the sound system, two towers, and two monitors (19, 15), it ran for about 21 mins. Turned off both monitors and it went beyond 45 mins. I've already had it beep on a few spikes. Didn't know what to expect from it, but not too bad for $180.