UPS deal of the century

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Office Depot has 350va UPS's on sale. Reg. price $89.99- $20.00 instant rebate -$30.00 mail in rebate. I got 2 :dance:

....now if I could only get the fucking software to install. :mad:

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
I thought I'd give the auto-shutdown a whirl....in case I'm not home when the power goes off.

alex

My Cyberpower 900 came with a serial cable (2 feet long..pffft) and software that talks to you. I got tired of listening to so I killed it :eh:

Oh, I have a real dislikin towards Office Depot...good luck gettin those rebates Q ;)

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Oh.....I'll get my rebate:lurk: I don't take no crap when it comes to money. :smash::D

Professur

Mushroom at large
Q, be warned. I had a customer who, by accident, set up his Nt4 server ups to (get this) shut down on start up. Yes, that's actually a possible setting in the APC software.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Thanks prof. I haven't had time to mess with it, but now that it pissed me off, it's become a mission. I'll be sure not to enable auto-kill on start up. What on earth would have possessed them to add that feature?? Smartass programmer?:retard:

Professur

Mushroom at large
It's a two parter.

You have two columns of options. You configure it If-Then style.

So you an configure an IF startup, Then Page 514-555-1212 so that the admin knows that the server's restarted. You also can IF on battery, Then shutdown.

But if you flub up, you get If startup, Then shutdown. Very nasty.