Undid Dual Boot but

BigDadday

Everday People
OK I was having so much fun not being able to get 2000 pro on this I sid the heck with it and merged the partitions back into one thinking I might try at a different date but I still have when I start up a preference of which oS I want to use.Microsoft windows or 2000 pro. How do I get it back to not asking what I want?

Kruz

Staff member
you can edit the "boot.ini" file.
from the start button ckick "run" then type in MSCONFIG and hit ok...... there should be a tab on top saying"boot.ini" click on that tab..... you will see some text decribing the operating systems, there will be two operating systems shown win98 win2000 etc. or whatever ones you had on there, highlite and delete the operating system you don't want anymore... when you exit the program it will ask you if you want to save the changes ..say yes and reboot the computer.. that should take care of it...

if the program doesn't come up when you type MSCONFIG then the "boot.ini" file is in the root section of the C:\

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Wouldn't fdisk /mbr also work? :confused: I don't know the whole story but that usually works for me for tri-boots and duals.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
No, he's already got them into one partition already, it's just the boot.ini file that's still set for multiple operating systems. What kruz said should do the trick.

BigDadday

Everday People
All is fine I threw another 40GB drive in and added some stuff so took it from there as I messed up the boot and crashed it anyway.:D I'm learning lol,BD

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
We all learn by screwing up and by not making the same mistake twice. I think we all do/did. Help....where'd my English skills go??

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
hmmm... i just learned tonight that even though a server already exist on the domain, you cant just rename a server to it and it works. Whoopsie, well needless to say im at work and rebuilding a server now.....:mad: