U.S. Taliban Charged with Supporting Terror Group

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States on Tuesday charged American Taliban fighter John Walker Lindh with conspiring to kill U.S. nationals in the Afghanistan war and with providing support to Osama bin Laden's al Qaeda network, charges that spare him from facing the death penalty.

This sux... yet another whiner rich kid thats gonna get off from facing the consequences of his actions.....:mad:

S

s4

Walker charged with murder conspiracy

[QUOTEURL=http://www.cnn.com/2002/LAW/01/15/ret.walker.charges/index.html]WASHINGTON (CNN) -- American Taliban fighter John Walker will be brought back to the United States to stand trial on multiple charges, including conspiracy to kill U.S. nationals abroad, the Justice Department said Tuesday.
[/QUOTEURL]

I just quoted the opening paragraph in the article. Click on the link to read the full story.

I think this guy should be charged with treason. The only reason they aren't trying for the death penalty is because they are worried those candy-assed liberals that want to be soft would make him a martyr. He was over there by his own choice. He fought with the Taliban, and as far as I'm concerned he is one of them. He doesn't deserve any rights as a US Citizen.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I don't really know what to say. The very thought that anyone would want to turn their back on the greatest country in the world like Walker has done sickens me.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Re: Walker charged with murder conspiracy

s4 said:
I think this guy should be charged with treason.

The founding fathers wrote the constitution in such a way, and made treason almost impossible to prove, for a reason. Just shoot the bugger now & be done with it.

S

s4

I don't think treason would be hard to prove. He was captured in a foreign country with no valid reason for being there aiding the enemy. I think hanging is appropriate.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I think cutting his nuts off would be a better course of action.

Stop Laughing

it isn't that funny!
Staff member
:scared: That should solve everything. After that, he'll probably shoot himself to kill the pain (as well as himself). :sick:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
My thoughts exactly. And we wouldn't have to live with any guilt at all, because we didn't actually kill him. We just cut his nuts off.