Tough Love

nalani

blahblahphreakingblah
Alrighty .. so, yesterday my daughter said she has a little headache and I gave her some motrin (not unusual .. she gets headaches like I do and as long as we get it early, it's not a problem). She went to school as usual but they had a walking excursion yesterday to a place that she loves to go to (a beach area down the road that the Family cares for - the kids from the school go down and help clean it out). When they got back, I got a call from the school saying she has a temp of 102 and for me to come and get her. When I got there, I asked her why she went on the excursion even though she already didn't feel well. Her answer:

"I'm not a wuss, mom ... never have blood or anything"

Ok *adds that to the list of 'mom f*ckups*

greenfreak

Awww I hope she feels better! Hey, I don't know about you but if someone says they have a headache, I don't take their temperature. :) I wouldn't beat yourself up about it. We all know what a good Mommy you are. :)

kuulani

... and speaking of scum mothers, this morning I went to Keaukaha Market, and what do I see in the car parked next to me ...

A baby who couldn't have been more than 4-5 months, all alone in her carseat buckled in the passenger seat.

At least she was in a carseat, some scum mothers don't even do that, but hello!! She shouldn't have been left alone in the first place, and she should be buckled in the back seat, seeing as the car had one *grrrr*

nalani

blahblahphreakingblah
shaddup ku'u :p

I spent the day yesterday wondering about the message I'm sending my kids about sucking it up ... but then I got over it :D

hey ku'u - I went home to check on her and her and Ash are in my bed watching TV, sipping on their gatorades, looking like hell ran them over ... so cute :D

freako104

im a freak im so proud of that
hope your baby gets well Na.it she gets her stregnth from moms side ;) and your not a bad mom. everyone gets headaches. its not always a sign of sickness