Thought of the day

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
How did people ever survive online before the invention of the scoll wheel?? OH MY! I am in the lab at school and these mice don't have scroll wheels! Can we say CTS!!!! Man, you gotta move your hand so much just to scroll! I thought computing was suppose to not demand anything physically??? :smash:

:worm:

PuterTutor

I know, I don't get it either. My wife doesn't like the scroll wheel, so she doesn't have one. I hate using her computer...

Spot

:laugh:
i've bitched about the wheel-less mice at work before...the co-workers just give me a " yeah...whatever dude" look....

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
It is nuts!

I mean...I must look like a fool rubbing my finger down the middle of the mouse buttons every 30sec.

I feel like yelling "NO! I am not stroking the mouse! These damn things need scroll wheels!!!"

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I use my dad's computer maybe once in a blue moon. In cases of emergency and such, when my computer is completely dead, not even booting up.

And I hate scroll-less mice SO MUCH that I bought him a scroll mouse for ME to be able to use the scroll wheel whenever I used the computer. He never uses the scroll wheel. Doesn't understand why I am so dependant on it :shrug:

PuterTutor

That's the way my wife is. She just doesn't see the good it does, even though I have showed her how much easier it is, she's still stuck on the old two button. Now myself, I have the scroll wheel, plus the side buttons, couldn't live without either one now.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Me too, gotta have 5 buttons or it's hell.

Of course, the addiction is not nearly as much as with a scroll wheel. Cause, you know, you can still hold shift and scroll to go back, and hit F5 to refresh.

(Am I the only person that assigns their right side button to refresh instead of going forward? I just don't go forward that much. :shrug: )

greenfreak

I have a wireless optical mouse with the scroll wheel at work and the Intellimouse Explorer with the 5 buttons at home. I use the scroll click for F5 and I use it constantly.

In the 2+ years I've been here, we've never purchased mice except with new computer orders which is few and far between these days. We keep reusing the old crappy ones. I stash all the scroll mice and only give them to the users I like. The rest get dirty crummy old mice. :D

PuterTutor

I've got three buttons on the side of my mouse, Back, Windows Explorer, and Refresh. I use Back the most, refresh second. I don't use the explorer button much, but it's handy.

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
I don't have side buttons, when I had them (when I had corded Itelli Mouse Explorer) I didn't use them. I am sure they woudl be VERY handy but I never really knew how to use them. So, when I bought my new mouse I didn't bother buying one with side buttons. I have the Microsoft Optical cordless (blue) now :)

Squiggy

Mine too...But its not Apple. :D I've used the MS Intellipoint and logitech cordless. Right now I have a logitech corded optical. I don't think I could go back to a wheelless mouse much less the dreaded Apple one button.

Mirlyn

rebmeM
All my mice at home are at least optical scroll. My machine has the 5-button Explorer...love it.

Got a ball-ed Logitec here at work though. Four button, no scroll. :mad: Freakin budget restrictions mean I can't order new parts...only replacement ones for existing-but-broken ones. I keep telling my boss I'm going to bring in a sledgehammer and stash it in my office to fix that restriction. ;)

And people wonder why I'm never in my office. :D

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
Mirlyn...just break yoru mouse :D but in a way that it looks like it broke itself...might i suggest bending the cord back and forth at the connection...this shoudl cause the wires inside to eventually snap and you can just pretend it stopped working :D

Mirlyn

rebmeM
Nixy said:
Mirlyn...just break yoru mouse :D but in a way that it looks like it broke itself...might i suggest bending the cord back and forth at the connection...this shoudl cause the wires inside to eventually snap and you can just pretend it stopped working :D
Thought about doing that....but my boss knows me too well. We'd get a good laugh about it and then he'd probably say something along the lines of..."oh, welp, sucks to be you. :D"

Then I'd have to steal his mouse, then he'd do something to my dns settings, and I'd retailiate and turn his network jack off.....and then war hath been declared....it all goes downhilll from there. :retard:

PuterTutor

For gods sake, just go out in the store and buy yourself a ten dollar scroll mouse. I did that at my last job.

Mirlyn

rebmeM
PuterTutor said:
For gods sake, just go out in the store and buy yourself a ten dollar scroll mouse.
Boy, thats no fun. :p

I've got one at home I keep forgetting to bring in anyway.

PuterTutor

Well then if you're going to do it the other way, I suggest disabling his mouse first, then offer to use it, since he has no use.

freako104

im a freak im so proud of that
if it doesnt have one i usually just use the arrow keys. my comp back home doesnt have one