The Most Wanted Games for PC 2002

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
It's no secret that consoles had the limelight in 2001, but 2002 is the year that the PC will strike back. Developers are working on an array of great-looking games in a variety of unique genres. So unplug that Xbox -- the PC is back.

Battlefield 1942: Battlefield 1942 is a first-person tactical World War II game emphasizing combined-arms tactics. That means infantry, machineguns, tanks, fighter planes, divebombers, AA guns, even submarines and aircraft carriers.

Duke Nukem Forever : While 3DRealms has been extremely tight-lipped on the new game, there are a few things we know for sure: Duke is once again trying to save the world from alien invasion, but this time the main baddie is Dr. Proton, the villain from the very first Duke side-scroller.

Counter-Strike: Condition Zero: If you're reading this article, then it's a safe bet that you've heard of Counter-Strike. The game that started out as a humble Half-Life mod has become king of the online gaming community, with over 50,000 people playing at any given moment. However, anyone who's been sniped a few consecutive times will quickly come to appreciate the importance of a high-speed connection, and more than a few modem owners have been heard crying out for multiplayer bots or a single-player version of the game to call their own.

Jedi Outcast: Much of the story is still under wraps, but we know that the game takes place eight years after the events of the Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith expansion, in which Kyle resisted turning to the dark side of the Force. In doing so, he entrusted his lightsaber to Luke Skywalker, intending never to use it or his Force Powers again. Of course, a new threat has pulled him out of "retirement," and thus he sets out on a new quest.

Unreal 2:

In spirit, Unreal 2 is the true sequel to 1998's Unreal, the shooter that amazed everyone with its eye-popping graphics and that put Epic's new franchise on the map. Unlike the multiplayer-focused Unreal Tournament, Unreal 2 is being built mostly around a story-driven single-player mode, featuring a very ambitious campaign.

World Sports Cars
WarCraft III
Soldier of Fortune 2: Double Helix
The Sims Online
Republic
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
Neverwinter Nights
Medal of Honor: Allied Assault
Global Ops
Dungeon Siege

Acid

stud
Wasn't Duke Nukem Forever announced in like 97 or something? This game is taking <i>forever</i>.

SOF2 looks sweet. You missed Project IGI2 as well.

(and Doom3/Quake4 if they are coming out this year :D)

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I can't wait for Unreal2... I've seen some screenies of it, and UT2 (which also sounds cool, but I couldn't play it online if my life depended on it) and they both look very awesome

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
I'm waiting ANXIOIUSLY for Neverwinter Nights. By the time it comes I will kill, rob and rape to get a Internet connection at home...

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Or you could just dial up to the net through a local access number. :smash: