The Italian wedding I went to..

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
was a BLAST!!!!

What was funny was how conservatively all the women were dressed. And then I came in..... :eek:

So we were all served a huge meal, get this :
1. Antipasta
2. Calamari
3. Baby greens with balsamic vinigrette
4. Manicotti and some green round thingies
5. Prime rib with potatoes and veggies
6. Chocolate tartufo with mango and something Mmmm....

then an hour later, they opened a buffet with a kajillion pastries and cold cuts and stuff.

The music.... mama mia! "When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie.... that's amore!!" or something like that... you name it...

men sitting in circles, arms flying... laughing... patting eachothers backs... eyeing the occasional passing gal....

the women chasing kids, dancing with kids... the older women singing opera-like songs in the mic... waaaaaaaaay too close to the mic..... and DANCING! The older women danced circles around the younger ones...

It was so stereotypically Italian.... damn what a blast it was!!!!

Outlaw69

Banned
weddings are a blast when you don't actually have to do nothing but drink and eat..but when you gotta be brides brother..you gotta do the stand in tuxedo..can't breathe..no sleep the night before because the groom wants to get smashed..listen to a greek priest groan on and on in some greek language..must of heard atleast 200 bellisima's ,whatever the **** that means... then do some kooky ****ing thing with a hat on and go around the tables with some other greek guys and collect money for the bride and groom and dance like an idiot..or i guess some kinda court jesdters thing and collect dough... what was I talking about again? actually it got fun after that, no more duties i can drilnk my face off... ended up all smashed wtih my girlfirned after the wedding party, i think we fought about some bullshit or something..anyways... yeah its all fun when your not actually related to the people getting married..all you are required to do is eat and drink.

So you had a good time eh Spirit....damn italian food is the best.

H

HOWARD COSELL

Persons of Italian descent often are characterized by emotional outbursts and excessive usage of their hands for expression.

br0ck

Plus those Eye-talians can sure Genome. But we'll catch them and put them in their place.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Spirit
was a BLAST!!!!

What was funny was how conservatively all the women were dressed. And then I came in..... :eek:
What'd you come in? :eek: :D

So we were all served a huge meal, get this :
1. Antipasta
2. Calamari
3. Baby greens with balsamic vinigrette
4. Manicotti and some green round thingies
5. Prime rib with potatoes and veggies
6. Chocolate tartufo with mango and something Mmmm....
I don't know what 5/6ths of that stuff was. Was any of it good?

then an hour later, they opened a buffet with a kajillion pastries and cold cuts and stuff.

The music.... mama mia! "When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie.... that's amore!!" or something like that... you name it...

men sitting in circles, arms flying... laughing... patting eachothers backs... eyeing the occasional passing gal....
Hopefully the groom wasn't included in those men, otherwise the bride's in for a good target practice session on her husband's cheeks! :eek: (could be one or both kinds :D)

the women chasing kids, dancing with kids... the older women singing opera-like songs in the mic... waaaaaaaaay too close to the mic..... and DANCING! The older women danced circles around the younger ones...

It was so stereotypically Italian.... damn what a blast it was!!!!
Sounds like a helluva night... did you get any afterwards? :lol:

alex

you mean people actually get together and have fun like that still. I've got to get out more :(

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
I've had a good time at every wedding I've ever been to, except possibly my own. I don't remember too much of that one.

unclehobart

this is my special title
yeah, ... Steve's wedding was a monumental nightmare. It was so cruel to see over 200 people that I knew personally and wanted to socialze with only to be dragged down by the 'best man' duties. I was able to assign 25 seconds per person at best... a quick hi and bye across the board. Of course, I spent a good deal of the after wedding dance time hitting on one of the bridesmaids.

...and before you ask... 'no'.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
I married an Italian so, back off Howie. or she'll kick yer ass:lol:

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
Re: Re: The Italian wedding I went to..

Originally posted by fury
What'd you come in? :eek: :D

A super dark green velvety floor length form fitting dress, a slit up the side to no man's land, my back was almost fully exposed as was most of my front :eek: I wore a dark maroon shawl as a wrap to hide unnecessary lumps and bumps
:spin:

I don't know what 5/6ths of that stuff was. Was any of it good?

It was delicious! Took everyone 3 hours to eat it all.

Hopefully the groom wasn't included in those men, otherwise the bride's in for a good target practice session on her husband's cheeks! :eek: (could be one or both kinds :D)

A pure gentlemen. He is such a sweetie, she is very lucky.

Sounds like a helluva night... did you get any afterwards? :lol:

:cry: :cry: Nope. *sigh*

Fuser Man

blah, blah, blah
Weddings=free booze. That's all good:thup:

Italian wedding are the best. They have SOOOOOO much food you could feed an army for a month.

bitchen

Dude!
Originally posted by Spirit
A super dark green velvety floor length form fitting dress, a slit up the side to no man's land, my back was almost fully exposed as was most of my front. I wore a dark maroon shawl as a wrap to hide unnecessary lumps and bumps

1. That shawl needn't have been too big!

2. We want pictures!!!! :grin:

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
bitchen.. you're too kind.. :)

oh

and ummmm....

WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?????

good to see you again :wave: :spin: :kiss: