THE Game

S

s4

Yep. It's not very high scoring, but hey maybe the 4th quarter will be exciting. I love those games that are decided in the last 2 minutes.

unclehobart

this is my special title
End of the 3rd quarter and the Rams are sucking big time with several turnovers. 17-3. The Rams have had their pace and timing thrown off badly.

S

s4

Number 55 screwed up possibly changed the complexion of the game with that holding call.

unclehobart

this is my special title
woooow! //// awesome 4th quarter/// lotsa razzle dazzle. Pats win with a time ending field goal. 20-17

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
It was fixed by the NFL & NYC. Think about it, a National Pride theme & look at the team name- Patriots

S

s4

There is no way that game was fixed. It was one of the greatest drives in SuperBowl history. Give the Patriots what they deserve. They had the guts to drive down the field and kick the 48 yard field goal. This was one of the best games in SuperBowl history. Give 'em what they deserve. They won and deserved it!

S

s4

Gonzo said:
It was fixed by the NFL & NYC. Think about it, a National Pride theme & look at the team name- Patriots

How can a guy fix a 48 yard field goal? I mean really. How can you fix something like that? Next you are going to tell me that the goal posts had magnets in them.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
s4 said:
How can a guy fix a 48 yard field goal? I mean really. How can you fix something like that?

There are some things left to chance. Look, there were black helicopters all over New Orleans.;)

Stop Laughing

it isn't that funny!
Staff member
Go tell that fixed garbage to Vince McMahon. who wants the XFL back? :D

I loved the game! I was pissed off at McGinnis (55) for that stupid holding penalty (why even come close to holding on 4th and goal?), and it almost did end up biting them in the ass, it was a 14 point swing in the Rams favor. Neither team managed their timeouts very well, which I found to be rather pathetic. How can you possibly even consider blowing your last time out in the Super Bowl when you're down by 14 in the 3rd quarter?

unclehobart

this is my special title
Its an obvious conspiracy that goes all the way back to preseason. I mean, the Pats were established at 45-1 odds to win it all at the beginning. Lotsa money changed hands all over the place for point shaving and the like... a good 200+ people were in on it. All you have to do is spread around a strategic 10 million over the course of a season to rake in 45 mil at the end... classic.

S

s4

45 million wouldn't even come close to being able to fix the game. Half of the players are making that much. It's pocket change to them.

Back in the 40's or 50's there was something said about some games being fixed, but the players were only getting a hundred bucks a game or something.

I hate it when something great like the game on yesterday gets tainted by someone calling it fixed. The major reason Gonz is unhappy is that the refs changed who won the Oakland/Patriots game with the arm in motion call in the playoffs. He is sore thinking Oakland should have been in the Super Bowl. It's true the refs did make the decision, but the Patriots went right down the field on Oakland after the call the same way they did it to the Rams. I think the best team this year is the Patriots. They proved it yesterday.

unclehobart

this is my special title
Well ... if it was a big fix, there would have been a good 25 million or so laid off all over the world in small bundles, not just a mere single mil. Then we would be talking about about over a billion clams. Thats enough seed money to push a few bribes around.