Taskbar Problem

BigDadday

Everday People
I reformatted my HD and all was well as the left side of the taskbar had everything there including something I dragged there. I went away and shut my puter down and when I came home there was nothing there at all. Any ideas? Thnx!BD

:retard: :cry:

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
Dunno, maybe you lost Active Desktop? I say, you meant on the left of that subdivision in the taskbar? Dou you still see the split? What OS are you running?

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Right click the taskbar, go to Toolbars, and put a checkmark in "Quicklaunch"

BigDadday

Everday People
It was and even unchecked and re checked it and nothing not to mention I ran setup again and still no luck?:worm:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
It may be that the items have been removed from quicklaunch... is there a second split there that would indicate the quicklaunch bar is actually there but just empty?

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Repopulate your Quick Launch bar

C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

Fill this up with an IE icon at first and then try reactivating the quick launch bar. If it works, fill it up with the rest of your icons.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure why that happened. Can you show me a screenshot?

To fill the folder up with an IE icon, just drag it from the desktop to the folder...

a13antichrist

Moderator from Hell
My guess is that it's actually still there but has got pushed around. Try increasing the depth of the Taskbar (i.e., put the mouse cursor on the top edge and increase the Taskbar height to about half the screen). Or try moving the taskbar to the right-hand side. Shuffling things around often throws things up.