Stupid computing trivia of the day

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
:rolleyes:

[quoteurl=http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=86816]How to pick up and carry your iMac G5

Don't know how to pick up and carry your iMac G5? It's easy.

Before moving your computer, make sure all cables and cords are disconnected.

Pick up the iMac G5 by grasping both sides of the computer. Carry it to wherever you wish.[/quoteurl]

And who could forget this one:

[quoteurl=http://web14.compaq.com/falco/detail.asp?FAQnum=FAQ2859]
<center>Compaq FAQ: Where do I find the "Any" key on my keyboard? (FAQ2859)

</center> The term "any key" does not refer to a particular key on the keyboard. It simply means to strike any one of the keys on your keyboard or handheld screen.[/quoteurl]

Professur

Mushroom at large
Now Huge. Remember, you're talking about help for people dumb enough to buy Apples and Compaqs. Those answers might even be a little to complex.

MrBishop

Felix Culpa
Professur said:
Now Huge. Remember, you're talking about help for people dumb enough to buy Apples and Compaqs. Those answers might even be a little to complex.

What's wrong with the Mac? Far better (though more expensive) machine than anything running Windows out there. Better colour, better graphics, smoother OS, less virses, less crashes. Altogether...a nicer toy :D

Wish I could afford one. :(

MrBishop

Felix Culpa
Inkara1 said:
A fool and his money are soon parted. :p

I work in graphics...no matter what you may think of the MacOS and the machine itself...you must know that it's superiour by several orders to anything Windows has to offer. The colours are truer and the colour delineation and b&w crispness are amazingly sharp and accurate.

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
I don't work in graphics (mostly I just make logos in Illustrator for BS) and there was a time that the Mac was the graphics king, but no longer. I haven't had a chance to work on a Mac running OS X but when I moved out to CA in '96–'00, I worked exclusively on Macs running some god awful OS that would cherry bomb every 5 minutes. Windows at the time wasn't much better stability wise either unless you were running NT 4.

Macs were cool when Apple let other companies make them...now they're just pretty paperweights imo.

Professur

Mushroom at large
MrBishop said:
I work in graphics...no matter what you may think of the MacOS and the machine itself...you must know that it's superiour by several orders to anything Windows has to offer. The colours are truer and the colour delineation and b&w crispness are amazingly sharp and accurate.

Microsoft doesn't sell computers anymore. And I've told you before, if you want a Mac, come get it already. I'm sick of the sight of this POS.

MrBishop

Felix Culpa
Professur said:
Microsoft doesn't sell computers anymore. And I've told you before, if you want a Mac, come get it already. I'm sick of the sight of this POS.

Fine...but I seriously doubt that it'll be able to run anythign that I need it to. I don't recall that it's high-end.

OSX is loverly...very very nice. I've also played with the G5 :D OOOOooooooOOOOH!!!

Digigasm. :D

MrBishop

Felix Culpa
Professur said:
Microsoft doesn't sell computers anymore.

Windows OS vs. Mac OS. Windows runs the drivers that run the vid-cards make the pretty colours. It just does a shitty job with it. Pretty bad use of available memory.