Storm freaks

greenfreak

I found this site in my travels... It has awesome storm pictures.

http://australiasevereweather.com/photography/shelf01.htm

One night about a year ago, I was driving home and watched a storm roll in. I saw a wall of cloud that was so cool, I had to stop the car, get out and stare at it. Of course I didn't have my camera in the car but it looked something like this:

1211mb02.jpg

But the sky on my left was blue, and the wall of cloud was white but behind it it was black as night. I'll never forget, it was so ominous.

Professur

Mushroom at large
I love storms. But not enough to hop in a car and chase one down. Or risk my SLR to rain trying to get photos.

kuulani

Oooh, there was once a cloud that made me stop, get out of the car, and take a picture of ... this cloud was so dark and ominous it gave me goosebumps!!

Attachments

• cloud.jpg
    cloud.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 23

greenfreak

Whoa that's cool! You must get a lot of cool storms coming your way. That's one thing I liked about Florida, being able to watch the big storm clouds roll in, the lightning and thunder during, and the rainbow after.

greenfreak

I thought of you, I saw a picture in there of clouds that looked like the orange ones you took a pic of that day, remember? After the tornado warning?

greenfreak

Yes! That's the one! I think it's better than anything they have on the site. You should submit it. Even though it's an Australian site, they have pics from Texas and other places in the US.