"Space aliens predicted to arrive at Olympics today" according to CNN

S

s4

[QUOTEURL=http://www.cnn.com/2002/TECH/space/02/21/olympics.aliens.reut/index.html]
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (Reuters) -- The massive security at the Winter Games could be put to the test Thursday when a delegation arrives in an unusual fashion.

Intergalactic visitors are expected in the early evening, according to a woman who claims to have had "multiple visitations" by the aliens.

The Brotherhood of Light will make their presence known on Thursday, February 21 over the Olympic city," said Victoria Liljenquist of Phoenix, Arizona.

Since she arrived in Utah a week ago Liljenquist has been talking with scores of reporters -- and anyone else who will listen -- about her prediction of a friendly fly-by of space travelers.

"I pinned them down -- between noon and 5 p.m.," said Liljenquist.

Liljenquist, 46, claims she was first "contacted" by these visitors when she was 13 years old living in northern Utah. Since then she's had many visits from them.

Her claims have had the BBC and other UFO documentary producers calling her. She said during one of the appearances by these other-world beings she was told she was going to do something major for humanity when she was in her 40s.

"They want to make contact and to be in unity and peace with us," said Liljenquist.

Unidentified flying objects flying overhead during the Games is her destiny and a "wake-up call" for everyone she said.

"It could be a cigar shaped-craft with a scout fleet," she said. "They're benevolent beings, a peaceful entrance of making their presence known. They want the world to unite together," she said.

Protesters, scalpers, religious zealots and pin traders have been gathering for weeks in downtown Olympic Square areas. So what is another stranger in the neighborhood going to hurt anyway?

Anyone who wants to know more about the UFO prediction and Victoria can visit her Web site at www.victoriaslight.com.

"I think a lot of people will see it," Liljenquist said, "I hope it's good weather."

[/QUOTEURL]

I lost some measure of respect for CNN for posting this story. If you visit this womans' website, http://www.victoriaslight.com/, you will find that she is trying to get into showbiz or gain attention for her career. She is selling videos for crying out loud. You would think CNN would have been able to see her as a phony and not given her free advertisment for her money making projects on their website.

I like the CNN website and find that most times I can believe what I read there. If they are going to post stuff like that as real news, I might have to reconsider that. They posted it under the Space catagory on the front page of their site. The Space catagory should be reserved for real news about Space, not the Psychic Friends Network.

dnar

Psycho Penguin
And when it doesnt happen, they will take her away in a cigar shaped vehicle, wearing a nice fitting jacket. :D :D :D

patweb

Eater of Hot Peppered Steak
No worries, the USAF is waiting. Any 'peaceful' flyover vehicles will be shot down in flames. DAMN ALIENS anyway.

kuulani

Well, if there is any time to extend our warmest wishes to our neighbors in the galaxy, it would be during the Olympics :D

patweb

Eater of Hot Peppered Steak
HELL YA,

"If ve cannot boiy off da judges, unt ve cannot pump our athletes vith steriods, den ve vant no part of dese honest competition."

gotfrag

patweb said:
HELL YA,

"If ve cannot boiy off da judges, unt ve cannot pump our athletes vith steriods, den ve vant no part of dese honest competition."
is that supposed to be immitating russian? if it is then you're way off. me being russian myself i am very offended :o