Some weird crap has been happening to me lately

fury

Administrator
Staff member
It all started when I came back from my cousin's house. There were exposed wires in the back yard, because one of those green boxes had been uncovered while I was gone. Mom asked them what they were doing, and they said it had something to do with DSL. Well, I know how reliable Ameritech's word is, so I didn't think a thing of it, until my phone rang. I picked it up, and nobody answered.

Now, you might be thinking, "So?"

However, 1) I was online at the time, and 2) My phone was not even plugged into a phone jack!

At that very same time, my download speed shot up to 20kb/s total for a period of 1-2 minutes. After I calmed down from freaking the frack out :eek:, I shrugged it off as just a weird glitch, until I saw that my 2-line splitter on the phone jack was opened up (and this is one of those things that you either need octopus hands or a special tool to open, which only the phone company would have). Some ghost is in my house messing around with my phone and internet!

And now this, look! I've never been able to connect this fast, ever!

Attachments

• 53200.gif
    53200.gif
    14.7 KB · Views: 44

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Send the ghost over yere; I started downloading win2ksp3 last night and this morning it was still d/l'ing! :mad:

I bet it crapped out with 30 seconds to go...just to piss me off!

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Any chance that Ameritech did get it hooked up in your hood, and someone is being nice enough to try and get it hooked up as a surprise?

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Not likely, I tested out the dsl modem this morning and it ain't green yet.