Since we're talkin' about music....

Fuser Man

blah, blah, blah
Which country do you think produces the best bands?

my choice - England hands down. No one even comes close.(although the US gets my vote for second)

Jamiroquai, Level 42, The Smiths, New Order, Beatles, The Rolling stones, Prodigy, Radiohead........need I say more.

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
Germany has some great bands. Spent a few years over there to. Had the opportunity to see a few dozen countries, but Germany was the place I saw all the concerts in. Germany or America for 2nd.

unclehobart

this is my special title
Nena, Kraftwerk and the Scorpions. Who else is from there? Canada has had stronger and better bands... as well as many terrors. Canada: RUSH, Brian Adams(shudder), Loverboy(sudder x2), Cowboy Junkies, The Guess Who, KD Lang, Sarah McLachlan, Saga, Alanis Morisette, Triumph, Aldo Nova, Neil Young, Barenaked Ladies, Jeff Healey, BTO, Gordon Lightfoot and Joni Mitchel.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
America-Otis Redding, Bo Diddley, Chuck Berry, Jerry Lee Lewis, Elvis, Grand Funk Railroad, MC5, Mitch Ryder & the Detroit Wheels, Iggy Pop, KISS, Ted Nugent, Aerosmith, Guns n Roses, Pearl Jam, Godsmack, Alice Cooper, Metallica, Black Flag, Joe Walsh, MArilyn MAnson Van Halen/Hagar (Shudder), Queensryche, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Ry Cooder, White Zombie & all it's offspring, Twisted Sister, ZZ Top---- :rolleyes:

shall I continue? :p

ps-Kraftwerk wasn't a band, just a bunch of early computer geeks with Moogs :sick:

Fuser Man

blah, blah, blah
Originally posted by Gonzo
America-Otis Redding, Bo Diddley, Chuck Berry, Jerry Lee Lewis, Elvis, Grand Funk Railroad, MC5, Mitch Ryder & the Detroit Wheels, Iggy Pop, KISS, Ted Nugent, Aerosmith, Guns n Roses, Pearl Jam, Godsmack, Alice Cooper, Metallica, Black Flag, Joe Walsh, MArilyn MAnson Van Halen/Hagar (Shudder), Queensryche, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Ry Cooder, White Zombie & all it's offspring, Twisted Sister, ZZ Top---- :rolleyes:

shall I continue? :p

I said BEST not worst. :p :D

alex

thanks unc, Saga is the band I have been trying to remember from days gone buy. This foosball place I used to frequent years ago used to play some of thier tunes and I could never remember thier name......gotta get that cd.......the one with "tonight we're on the loose". Is that the name of the song?

Outlaw69

Banned
for diversity of music genres I'd have to say America...but Canada still has RUSH and The Tragically Hip.

England for sure...The prodigy and The Rolling Stones.

But America has Green Day and The Offspring....hmmm....

Does anybody know where Fastball comes from?

unclehobart

this is my special title
Originally posted by alex
thanks unc, Saga is the band I have been trying to remember from days gone buy. This foosball place I used to frequent years ago used to play some of thier tunes and I could never remember thier name......gotta get that cd.......the one with "tonight we're on the loose". Is that the name of the song?
They had 2 large hits that I know of: Wind Him Up, On the Loose. Don't be Late was a lesser hit.

alex

this is the album I want...Saga, Worlds Apart.
Best buy didn't have it.

Thanks Q ;)

Attachments

• d98202xx552.jpg
    d98202xx552.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 13

HavoK

Sayian Elite
Canada is, if not the favorite, close to the favorite and best music producing country...like Outlaw said...RUSH and The Hip...need we say more...Headstones, Wide Mouth Mason, FingerEleven, Jim Carrey...well, I've almost got it :p

Fuser Man

blah, blah, blah
Don't forget, Bran Van 3000, Rascals, Choclair, and the oh so good looking Nelly Fortado, but England is still my fav.