Sex!

flavio

superfly
Staff member
I hate to say it but a myriad of studies have shown that marriages that didnt have premarital sex survived much better than those that did.

If that's true I wonder if the type of person who abstains from premarital sex is from an environment where divorce is looked down or may predisposed to stay in a failed marriage for other reasons.

Totally different results could come up if you substited happy marriages instead in for people that stay married.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
flavio said:

If that's true I wonder if the type of person who abstains from premarital sex is from an environment where divorce is looked down or may predisposed to stay in a failed marriage for other reasons.

Totally different results could come up if you substited happy marriages instead in for people that stay married.

Except for the marriages ruined by abuse (real & not imagined), addiction & adultery(even that has possibilities) marriage is entirely a state of mind. Do you think that people that are, relatively, happily married for 50, 60, 75 years always liked each other, much less felt the desirous, overwhelming lust & fascination they once felt. Hell no.

Take the vows seriously & don't enter a marriage with one eye on the exit sign & it'll probably last.:dance:

flavio

superfly
Staff member
Well between abuse, adultery, and addiction I think you may have just covered a large chunk of unhappy marriages.

I want sex before marriage...I even got sex before marriage...
I'm not married yet...

But I didn't get enough sex yet, before marriage. Gotta work on that...I'll be old before I even notice, so I have to enjoy life while I'm still young.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Shadowfax said:
I want sex before marriage...I even got sex before marriage...
I'm not married yet...

Come find this post in about 25 years & tell us your thoughts then.

Flavio said:
Well between abuse, adultery, and addiction I think you may have just covered a large chunk of unhappy marriages.

Then tell the fools who marry these losers to stop marrying them.;)

Gonz ~ 25 years...that'll make me...*adds*....44 :eek:

Nah, I'll never get that old...

But when I'll get married I'll let you all know if the sex is better than before marriage ;)

No, more seriously, I really do not care about sex. All I care about is whether that person likes me for what I am or not.
But some good sex isn't that bad either ;)

kuulani

alex said:
I think sex is taken too casually by young people. I have two young adult children to prove it :eek2:

This is true, but that's because they see that sex is taken too casually among some adults.

kuulani ~ A great difference is the way young people talk and think about sex.
They talk about sex in a very casual way (so do I).
But I (and I don't think I'm a great exception) take making loive - to put it in a more respective way- really seriously, although I don't talk about it that way.

Inkara1

I wouldn't say sex before marriage is bad in and of itself. The problem comes from people not being able to deal with what ties into sex, or otherwise not applying maturity into sex. Get what I'm saying?

75renegade

Official Wine Taster
Neo said:
Well i guess i'd be going to jail...sex in or out of marriage is cool if both parties are consenting.
But your world would end up being boring after awhile dude.

Fergit about "jail" brother........try HELL!!!.........'ope ya bought those asbestos water skiis. Yer gonna need 'em on the lake of fire!! :evil: :D :D

75renegade

Official Wine Taster
kuulani said:
The idea that sex outside of marriage is bad stems from religious issues that some people have. My culture and religion sees nothing wrong with it. Do you have an ethnocentric comeback as to how my having sex will lead to the decay of American society? [/B]

:confused: Guess not if ya move to China.............

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with Shadow fx. I know people my age (18) are always joking around about sex but most of them take it very seriously (myself included). I would NEVER have sex with someone just for the hell of it. Unless something unimaginable happens I plan to marry and spend the rest of my life with my first (and current)partner. We may fight and such but we talk and work things out. I always planned it that way, i wouldn't wait until marriage for sex but I would wait until I met the person i want to spend my life with (every since I knew what sex was I planned it that way).